Home Buying in Clearwater>Question Details

Migo53333, Other/Just Looking in On Top Of The World,...

why r there hoa fees if this isnt a condo???

Asked by Migo53333, On Top Of The World, Clearwater, FL Tue May 22, 2012

i thought that this was a single family home, what does on top of the world have to do with this????

Answers

9
Hello Migo,
Not sure which property you are referring to that is not a condo. However, you do have single family communities such as Imperial Point and numerous other communities that have both condo's and single family homes that all share a common Heated Pool, Rec Center, Private Boat Ramp, Fishing Pier, Tennis Courts, Fitness Center etc. Plus with an HOA fee, they help keep up the appearance of the subdivision. Some communities share a guard.

Irene Rue
Charles Rutenberg Realty
727-410-1997
http://www.irenerue.com
On Top of the world has a newer section in the rear that the assoication sold as HOA not Condo however it acts like a condo assoication. In addition "On Top of the World" in Ocala and Sun City also has a villa and townhome section that as an HOA. That why I said I need to know what unit we are talking about to answer the question
Hi Migo,

Single family homes can also pay a Homeowner's Association Fee.

Vangie Pappas
Pappas Realty & Management Co.
Its not my listing so I dont know the actual fee but On top of the World is a condo and has a monthly condo fee. I just sold my mother-in-laws unit that she had in On Top of the World and her monthly condo fee was $285. When I did my research depending on the unit the fee were between $225 and $550. I have the contact person at the condo association so if I knew exactly what unit we are talking about I would be happy to get you that info
Because there is a home owner’s association that takes care of something, could be streets, lights, cutting grass, etc.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
There are no single family homes in On Top of the World. But, to answer your question as to why a single family home may have to pay HOA dues, the answer is simple. In many subdivisions there are common elements that must be maintained, like entrances, ponds, lighting, etc and all of those costs are shared with all of the homeowners in that community. Some subdivisions offer outside maintenance on the homes in the community as part of living there. Each community is different and has different fees. If I can help you with questions on any specific properties, please give me a call.

Marilyn Kagan- Charles Rutenberg Realty 727-215-2776
Migo53333,

You have a question but no property attached? If it says the community is On Top Of The World then it is a Condo. If it is another property- generally speaking HOA fees are home owner association fees, not the monthly maintenance fees of a condo. They could include trash pick up, lawn care, community pool or other amenities. I would need to know the exact address to be specific.

Are you currently looking for a home or just browsing on line for now? I have a free service called “Listingbook”, which I provide for my clients. It is like a back door into the MLS, which updates daily: new listings, price changes, solds & withdrawn listings, allowing you to really be able to follow and learn the market. I set up a basic search according to your guidelines. Once you are in, you can change the parameters as you need. If this is something you would be interested in let me know & I would be glad to set up your free Listingbook Account.

Since you live in the Tampa Bay area, I also have a free automated service called CITY (Curbside Info to You) available 24/7. I issue you a number you can call on ANY Real Estate For Sale sign and a computer reads the MLS information to you, from the street number & address for all ACTIVE MLS listings. If this would be helpful let me know. If you have a smart phone & TEXT "PAMELA" to 727-213-5142 it will give you a free mobile site. Bookmark it to you front page and use it anytime. Email me your cell phone & I'll registered it so you won't get annoying follow up calls. If you want to talk to me there is a prompt or you can call me on my cell. If you want to put it on multiple phones, I can put up to three numbers on one user name. Just send the numbers you want added. Put it in your favorites for quick access when you are driving around. I use it all the time.

I feel an informed client makes the best decisions regarding their real estate needs. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Pam Cohn
Broker Associate, GRI, SFR, NHS
Real Estate Consulting, Marketing & Sales
Prudential Tropical Realty
2539 Countryside Blvd #3 Clearwater, FL 33761
pcohn@prutropical.com
727-204-7155
http://www.FromCavesToCastles.com
HOA's may govern a complex consisting of Condos, Townhouses, or ever SFR's:
The deciding factor is that the HOA owns the land upon which everything sits.
So, you buy the living unit, and you pay the HOA for the use and upkeep of the land.

This is a lifestyle and business decision which is really growing in popularity in some areas.
There can be a lot of bad consequences too; Go into it with open eyes.
What home are you looking at specifically, this would help answer your question.