Home Buying in Long Valley>Question Details

Rblanchet, Home Buyer in Greenville, NY

why is the foreclosure rate in long valley so high - 40% of all single home listings? how will this affect home prices in the near future?

Asked by Rblanchet, Greenville, NY Tue Feb 5, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3078160427-4-E-Gate-Rd-Long-V…

Answers

4
It's so high in Long Valley because it's an area of many "keep up with the Jones", and they've over extended themselves. I think the rate may not be as high as 40% of actual homes, but it is certainly much higher than other areas.
1 in every 892 homes received a foreclosure notice that includes home owners in the mortgage modification process. That's from RealtyTrac.com a site that sells info on foreclosures.
I believe the information you received is not accurate. The home you emailed me about at 4 East Gate is not in foreclosure to my knowledge.

Cindy Ruggiero
Interesting stat if its true. Where are you getting your data from?
My data didnt come from an official source. I looked at the number of single-family homes listed for resale (107), and the subsets of homes in foreclosure (43) and homes that were not in foreclosure (64 listings).
I may have missed duplicates in the foreclosure listings that did not include a street address, and also realize not every listing will appear on Trulia, so i admit this is a crude math exercise.
If the number is at all close to reality, i would expect housing prices in Long Valley to continue to fall. I welcome the opinion of the experts, however - what are you seeing in the market?
Flag Sun Feb 10, 2013