forgetaboutit, Home Buyer in San Tan Valley, AZ

why is it so hard to find a good agent out there.it seems they all tell a different story.

Asked by forgetaboutit, San Tan Valley, AZ Tue May 13, 2014

one case was they think if you look at sf that tells the story.so not true.you can take two homes with let say 2500 sf.one will be 75.00 the other can be 125.00.the one thats 125.00 can be a better deal.YOU NEED TO LOOK AT WHAT YOUR GETTING IN THOSE HOMES.so don't be misled by that.location,what your getting with the home and the condition of the home.

Answers

12
Shop around for your agent and make sure you trust him/her and he/she is knowledgeable in the market!
One way is to go on line to a reputable agency, look at various realtor bios and set up an appointment or two to talk to a few agents. You should be able to gauge after that. As far as judging homes, an agent should help you do your due diligence, by determining value in a certain area. That is mainly determined by location and condition of the property and whether is is accurately priced. The more viewing you have , the clearer it will be to determine value. And your agent should be able to assist you, knowing what your priorities are.
A good, honest, reputable agent will have references, facts and can back up everything they say.
If the agent is professional, they will have concrete facts (ie., comparables, etc.) to back up their analysis.
There are many good agents out there. They are all around you.
However, a GOOD AGENT is not the problem.
The problem is you can't find an agent willing to dance to your tune.
That is an entirely different issue.

"YOU NEED TO LOOK AT WHAT YOU ARE GETTING IN THOSE HOMES."
Seems simple enough. You suggest valuing based on tangible assets.
What a great idea.

But you actually need to go to the house to do that task property. I do that for buyers and sellers who have committed to work with me, not to folks who have made no commitment. For these non-committal souls, publicly available data, such as SF and community will have to suffice.

So. stop asking agents what they think a house is worth and apply the value you believe those tangible assets are worth. That should work...right?

I recently published on Trulia a Market in a Minute for the community named Lakeside Terrace.
Community trends and tangible assets of a specifc house (CIS Score). Here's the rub, it matters not what value folks place, the buyer will assign the value they choose. In this example the buyer assigned a very high value to a very worn out house. So, it the buyer to blame or the agent who suggest such a price or the buyer agent who failed to sink the deal?

The tangible assent valuation model was not even close to the sold price.

It is clear YOU think pricing a house is science, driven by the data, exact... you know..."look at what you are getting.." but folks thinking this way do not often prevail when others are buying the potential.

So Forgetaboutit, what value will you assign to potential?
There is actually an answer to that, but it an intangible feature and does include SF in the algorithm.
in produces an observable outcome. Your model would be blind to this component.
What do you think? What is potential worth?
Very good response.
Flag Sun Jan 4, 2015
I agree with what your saying but I also think there are a lot of great agents out there. Look around, get referrals form people you know, research agents online - like on Trulia, and if you look, you will find them. There are always some in very profession that make the rest of the profession look bad.
Are you looking to buy or sell a home in STV?
I agree with what you are saying. Different agents are going to have different opinions. It is the same as an appraisal. You hire 10 different appraisers you may get back 10 different values. There are so many factors that go into comparing properties. I would be happy to talk with you in more detail just give me a call.

Tiffany Carlson- Richison

Realty One Group

Cell 480-215-1105

tiffanycarlsonrealtor@gmail.com

Awarded as a Top 40 Agent under 40 in 2013 and 2014 from SEVRAR

Awarded 2014 REAL TRENDS America's Best Real Estate Agents in 2014
I've lived in the area FOREVER and would love to help you out!
I have helped a lot of clients that come from bad previous experiences...

Let me know if you have any questions!

Rebecca Kallhoff
1(480)275-9566
rebeccakallhoff@remax.net
http://www.RebeccaSellsAZ.com
Give me a call, I not only work in the area I live in the area. You can check out my background and reviews at RussWald.com or just give me a call at 480-298-0708.
Forget about it,

I work with agents that know the community, live in this community and don't BS around. Give me a call or visit my profile. 480-294-1036 Rich Garza, Sales Manager Movement Mortgage.
I agree that sometimes when agents fixate on price per square foot you don't get the full picture. Far too many factors are involved so price per square foot can be fairly meaningless. I remember thinking that as a seller too. As an agent I pay some attention to square footage but really look at all the other features when I'm analyzing property values.