Home Buying in Sunrise Condo>Question Details

Marie Karam, Both Buyer and Seller in Delray Beach, FL

why is Ormand Fl cheaper than the other beach communities?

Asked by Marie Karam, Delray Beach, FL Thu Oct 3, 2013

Answers

5
I love the Ormand Beach area and would love to consider any and all deals in the area. They must be great deals though. I am not in this to lose money or not close with a handsome amount of equity built in to the sale. If this is what you are trying to sell then contact me. I would be happy to tour, review and go to contract.
Ormond Beach is not connected to a metropolitan area, and is about 60 minutes away (or more) from a stong economy. If you check the prices in New Smyrna Beach beachside zip code 32169 you will see a definite price increase over Ormond Beach or Ormond by the Sea zip code 32176, even though both are in the same county and not that far apart.

New Smyrna Beach has the attention of the Orlando market as an ideal location for a second home or as residential income. If you are looking for a better investment overall you should look at New Smyrna Beach. If you are just looking for a more affordable quiet beachside destination, than I would recommend Ormond Beach.

Regards, Les
http://www.buynsb.com
buynsb@gmail.com
Volusia county is one of the lowest economic areas in Florida. The demographics of the local job market, and Tourist Industry creates the cost of living,and the supply and market demand.
Volusia is not a high priced area versus South Florida,
Actually Ormond has a higher economic level then other cities in Volusia,
There is Ormond Beach and Ormond by the Sea in Volusia County, Ormond is the city Just north of Holly Hill and Daytona Beach it is a very large city for the area and goes from the ocean to well west of I-95 and has older and newer homes and condos like most cities. It is not necessarily cheaper than other beach areas, it depends upon what you are looking for; if it is a condo on the ocean there are several factors to take into consideration such as has the building been brought up to code yet, if not there may be a special assessment coming up or a request to vacate the property while work is being done, things of that nature.

New Smyrna Beach has a different atmosphere than Ormond Beach as well as a different beach feel, even the sand is different, it just depends upon what you are looking for.

Feel free to give me a call 386-478-9776 if you are not already working with a Realtor, I would be happy to assist you with any questions you may have or send you properties that are available in Ormond or New Smyrna.

In either case good luck with your potential purchase.
In real estate, it all about location, location, location. There are many factors that people look at when buying a home. They will compare towns, size of home, access to shopping and highways, beach front (or not), distance from beach, age of the home. If all things are equal, the price would probably be equal.