Pamelawornex, Renter in Glen Burnie, MD

why does it seems that north carolina property taxes are a little expensive, considering the median home income?

Asked by Pamelawornex, Glen Burnie, MD Sun Sep 1, 2013

They are expensive in relation to areas where home cost much more. The only explanation I have is towns and cities must pay their bills, so they take there budget and divide by the number of home owners and determine a $$ figure per $100 value and back into it. I know it sounds silly. A lot of it has to do with other revenue, from sales tax, businesses etc, generally the more business you have the lower other taxes will be. I moved from the DC area so I understand what you are saying, my Moms house is worth twice mine here but my taxes are higher??
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 1, 2013
The following article although written a year ago, helps explain why the property taxes may be higher in NC in relation to the median home price.
Flag Sun Sep 1, 2013