Home Buying in Bulverde>Question Details

no house yet, Home Buyer in 78006

why cant I find--1500 sq ft house, 5 acres--horse friendly, boerne-no river mt ranch, spring branch or bulverde school for less than $399k--am I?

Asked by no house yet, 78006 Wed Nov 11, 2009

crazy?

Answers

6
I have a house right near rodeo, 2 acres, with 3 car carport which would be perfect for stalls. No ZONING! Totally awesome here, well below your pricing and more sq ft. Here's the link!
http://www.trulia.com/property/3101590168-30040-Leroy-Scheel…
There are several available right now. Contact me.

Robert Evans
210-422-2327

Robert Evans
210-422-2327
Hello, properties are available but as previously stated...you must seize the opportunity. Obtaining a loan pre-qual is step one, step two is having a realtor who has a pulse on the local hill country market. Call me, I'm located in Spring Branch.

Vince Madrid
210.378.5392
Home buyer,
You are not crazy, I live and work in the areas your looking for. What I can tell you is if a property comes available that is less than 399K it is usually gone quickly, so my suggestion is to get with a lender and get preaproved for a certain amount so when something does come available you can submit an offer and have a pre-qual letter to go with it. The other thing to know is you might be able to weed out certain acreage communities because most of those have minimum square footage requirements for the community. I just went this week to a grand opening for a small new development community Doehne Oaks located on Hwy 46 by Castle Avalon that is just 22 lots that are at least 5 acres and horse friendly, but minimum home size is 3,200 sf. My advice is to look for an older home that is not in one of the newer subdivision that also is lax on restrictions. I showed 5 acres and a fixer upper of Ammann Rd, I dont recall the exact street. Here are a few addresses to look at.

24 Sun Valley Dr. 169,900 Spring Branch 3/1

134 Misty Trail 186,500 Boerne 2/1

105 Jacob Dr 239,900 Boerne 3/2

Let me know if I can help you find some horse property that will meet your needs.
Take Care,
Steve Johnson
Prudential Don Johnson
Fine Homes International
210-325-1833
sjjohnson@gvtc.com
Dear Home Buyer,

No, you are not crazy! Well, at least not because of your expectations for finding a home in the Boerne area for under 399K!

The Boerne area does tend to be more pricey than the Spring Branch or Bulverde areas though. However, there are properties available that fit your parameters. You might need to consider a larger home or an older home needing updates. Have you seen the property on Rolling Acres Drive? If not, ask your realtor to show you that one. If you do not have a realtor, I suggest you obtain one who is familiar with hill country properties, experienced, and is an Accredited Buyer Representative like myself! lol

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance!

Amanda P. Herring
Realtor-Broker, ABR
(210) 771-8608