Jessica, Home Buyer in New York

why are there so many ridiculously cheap garden apartments with great views for sale along the river in Hastings-on-Hudson? There's got to be a catch.

Asked by Jessica, New York Sun Mar 10, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3073394936-765-N-Broadway-6A-…

Answers

6
As an agent that regularly works this village, I have an answer. Mostly, we have a very strong market for single family residences. However, when you get to the co-op market, it's somewhat different. Here, there is a large supply and not as strong a demand. This is not unusual when a market is in the beginning stages of revival. Never fear, before this market hits its peak, co-ops will also have their day.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 26, 2013
Some of the buildings were poorly constructed and so you can hear your neighbors sneeze (and lots other sounds, too.)
I am the listing agent on this new listing at Hastings House, unit 10E, one of the only single level 2 bedroom homes in this gorgeous, walk to everything, waterfront complex. I'd be happy to arrange a showing for you. Happy Holidays! Cheryl Rego
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 22, 2013
We've lived here 20 years and love can't understand why people don't get it....walk to the village, progressive community...no lawn to mow, trails everywhere...
No catch, it's a matter of personal choice, individual needs understanding, significance of architectual style, value, knoowing that prices do improve, and when they do, the party is over. There are architectural gems /garden co-op buildings along BW and they are undervalued, buy them while you can.
There's no catch, it's a lovely area on the River and near the train station to the City. Let me know if you would like to see any properties. Jo Ann Petti Grand Lux Realty 914-837-0531