Home Buying in Abington>Question Details

Eve Taylor, Home Buyer in Warminster, PA

why are the taxes in Cheltenham township so outrageously high?

Asked by Eve Taylor, Warminster, PA Sun Aug 11, 2013

Answers

6
The taxes are higher than the surrounding municipalities due to the fact that there is a low commercial base in Cheltenham in comparison. In addition there is a large amount of tax free parcels. However, due to the decreases in value that we had over the past many years, homeowners have had a good amount of success in appealing their taxes and having them reduced. So it would be best not to assume that all taxes in Cheltenham are high.

Also, keep in mind that there is a balance. When the taxes are higher, the properties sell for less money. So if you look at an overall monthly payment in Cheltenham versus the other communities, you will find that they are either the same or less and that you can get more house for your dollars. If you would like any additional information you can contact me directly. I live in Cheltenham and my office is also there.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 11, 2013
Hello Eve, yes, taxes are high there. You have some good answers to your questions below. If you'd like to get pre-approved for a mortgage I'd be happy to assist you. My contact information is below. Have a great night. Chad

Visit My New Website: http://www.chadthemortgageman.com
Chad E. Bahnsen- Mortgage Originator, NMLS# 127719
Mortgage Network, Inc.- Corporate NMLS# 2668
14 E. Stratford Ave Ste 3C
Lansdowne, PA 19050
Office: 610 622-2212
Fax: 1-866-590-3806
E-mail: cbahnsen@mortgagenetwork.com
Cheltenham is notorious for high taxes. Schools is the # reason. Plus the area. Location
FYI, Cheltenham Township has the highest RE Tax in Montgomery county.
The school taxes are the main reason the property taxes in Cheltenham Township are so high.
Hi Eve, I have to agree with Anne Rubin remarks. As a long time resident, I can tell you the wonderful thing about Cheltenham is its central location. Close to Center City, close to all major highways and also having access to public transportation, Cheltenham is a place you will love! We have here, 2 township pools, beautiful parks, CreekSide Co-op, Salus and Arcadia Universities. Let me know if I can answer any other questions you may have.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 18, 2013