Home Buying in Homewood>Question Details

Phys112, Home Buyer in Detroit, MI

why are so many people selling their homes in Homewood? how is the crime rate there?

Asked by Phys112, Detroit, MI Sat Nov 30, 2013

Answers

2
Homewood traditionally is a very stable community with a good mix of demographics. As mentioned, the home sale percentage is not high when you compare it to other nearby areas. A great source for neighborhood information is http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/il/homewood/#data. I have also included a link to my website which has a video of information about Homewood. Hope it helps! I would love to share more insight about the area with you.

Valerie Gregory-Newson
Real Estate Broker
Real People Realty
708-792-0047 (Cell)
yourrealtorval@att.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013
I do not see an unusual number of home sales in Homewood compared with other areas. However, I can tell you that many of the people I encounter who are selling are just typical move up buyers.

Many people want to move into that area due to the ranking of the school district.

If you are looking in that area, I can help. Please feel free to contact me.

Suzanne Hamilton
Managing Broker/Owner
RE Homes Source
888-788-9544
Suzanne@remarketingconsultants.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 30, 2013
thanks for your help. i am looking to move somewhere in the south suburbs from chicago. somewhere quiet and good neighbors with little crime or NO crime. a few houses i saw while driving through the neighborhood were nice. i have a 17 yo duaghter in her junior year of HS in Oak Park, but would need to transfer her if we move to Homewood
Flag Sat Nov 30, 2013