Home Buying in Clifton Park>Question Details

Harry Aswani, Home Buyer in Clifton Park, NY

why are most houses in this area septic tank and well water. Isnt that problematic to maintain

Asked by Harry Aswani, Clifton Park, NY Mon Aug 20, 2012

I agree with the answers given on this post... The Majority of homes in the area are on public water and sewer... I would be more than happy to go over your question in person...
Please give me a call
Dennis Evans
Coldwell Banker

I'm an agent, I live in Clifton Park and can tell you that most homes here are NOT on well and septic but rather, they are on public water and sewer. If you are encountering homes on well and/or septic they are probably located in outlying areas. Well and septic do add to the maintenance concerns of homeownership. Additionally, they can make a home more difficult to sell than one that is on public water/sewer.

If you are not already working with an agent and would like to explore homes with the features that you want, please contact me.

Fran Callahan
Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker
Prudential Manor Homes
I don't know what properties you may be looking at, but In my experience, most homes in Clifton Park are on the town water and sewer. We bought our first home in Clifton Park in 2000 and bought our second home a couple of years ago. Our first home was in one of the original/early developments in town, all of which have town water and sewer. We probably looked at hundreds of houses between the two searches, and only a very small handful had their own septic and/or water. The ones without, were mostly on the outskirts and rural part of the area.

I'm surprised these real estate agents don't know that about Clifton Park.
Hi Harry,

I would say that septics and wells are not problematic. So long as the owner maintains them, they operate just fine and sometimes better than public systems.

As Jesse said, public systems are not always available, especially in an area like Clifton Park and surrounding where the land was primarily agricultural for a long time. It seems odd now that the area has become such a hot spot, but that's what happens when the town expands faster than the utilities can :)

If you would like more information or to search for homes in the area, I work out of Clifton Park as a Certified Buyer Representative and would be happy to show you around. If you still don't want a home with a septic or a well, we can adjust the search for that as well.

NYS Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Certified Buyer Representative
Bliss Properties of NY
I replied to you via email :) But in short, a buyer's agent is paid from the seller's closing costs.
Flag Tue Aug 21, 2012
Can you give me more information as to how a Buyer's rep works. Do you get your commission from the buyer or seller? Are they any issues we should be aware of We are just starting to explore a retirement home within a reasonable distance from Queens where we now reside.
Flag Tue Aug 21, 2012
Because town water and/or sewer is not available. I often search for homes with just public water / sewer for my clients, so if you would like such a list let me know.
Jesse lena
Advantage realty