Home Buying in Hampton>Question Details

Gerry Megan, Home Buyer in Medford, MA

why am i being steered away from the purchase of this house? 13 Hemlock Haven Hampton N.H.) Gerald Megan (j3omega1@aol.com)

Asked by Gerry Megan, Medford, MA Wed Oct 9, 2013

Answers

2
Hi Gerry,

There are a few fees and expenses you can't dodge. Think taxes, clolsing costs and of course park fees. Because you are renting the land under the unit at Hemlock Haven, the owner will be charging you rent plus what amounts to a condo fee--and will doubtless include snow removal frfom the private roads, and a few amenities. I was a broker in NH for about 25 years and while I personally never sold a unit in HH, I have friends who lived there. So youwill pay cash, but you will not get away from a monthly living expense. Welcome to life in the two thousand and teens, where the dollar is not as valuable as it used to be...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 10, 2013
I'm not sure who is steering you away, There is a Park Fee for $360/month in Hemlock Haven and it certainly is available. If you want to see it but are not getting any help, let me know.
..But had no luck locating a place that could fit us, they all had 1 bedrooms or too expensive..The first time I saw the photo on the listing for 13 Hemlock I new I wanted it. Well if there is more info you might need please feel free, like I said definitely want to secure this place before it;s gone. Thank You, Gerald K. Megan P.S. I will be paying cash.
Flag Wed Oct 9, 2013
Thank You Pamela, I am closing the sale of my condo in Medford,Ma. I intend to leave Massachusetts
I have spent most of my Summers at Hampton and Ossippee N.H. And it was a good part of my life.
So needless to say it`s where I`d like to reside. I need to make an offer on 13 Hemlock Haven..to hold it till my closing on November 30th, with Re-Max here in Medford square, I have an agent but I feel I can accomplish more with you or maybe it wil have to be both, not sure of real estate policy. Anyways after all the residences i`ve seen I really like 13 Hemlock, from the front,the driveweay,the lawn rear yard,patio storage and work shop it fits my needs and wants perfectly. I don`t understand the park fee,
but I will just look at it as a condo type fee not a big deal for me. I need to understand the heat situation,
how that all works,ie;oil, gas,compressor,etc.. It all looks very homey and no matter what season will be greatly enhanced by nature. I had hoped to be closer to Hampton Beach
Flag Wed Oct 9, 2013