gking2, Other/Just Looking in Irving, TX

who should initiate the options contract for the sell of property the seller or buyer?

Asked by gking2, Irving, TX Sat Jun 1, 2013

for farm land

Answers

6
Typically the buyer will initiate the offer itself. I myself have had a Seller initiate an offer to the buyer multiple times and have had great success. As a listing agent if you speak to the buyers agent and you feel as though the feedback is strong and the buyer is just being a slow mover I would initiate an offer first (SELLERS SIDE) now keep in mind you have to give to get. As the Seller if you present an offer I wouldn't expect to see full sales price and nothing towards sellers contributions. Hope this helped.

Real Estate Consultant
3xUS Army Veteran
Joseph Fernandez
Blog: blissfulestates84.blogspot.com
It's almost always the buyer. You and your agent should sit down and review the market data so you understand where you need to be as far as the offer is considered. Understanding the market is key and you need your agent who represents you to help initiate any offers. From there you negotiate with the seller and hopefully both parties can come to an agreement and execute the contract.

Hope this helps.

_____________________________________________________
Don Groff | REALTOR® & Mortgage Broker
Austin Real Estate Pros & 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 | m 512.633.4157 | listings@dongroff.com
websites: http://www.AustinListed.com | http://www.360LendingGroup.com
Web Reference: http://www.AustinListed.com
Typically it would be the buyer.....

What does your realtor say?

There could be occasions where the seller does it, but not often.

i think in most cases there are two many questions a seller would not be able to answer to fill out the contract?
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Hi Gking,

Kim is correct. Its most common that buyer write up and offer with the terms that they most desired to send it to seller. Then the game of countering and negotiating starts from there.

Please let me know if you are interested in looking for a farm land.

Dixon
Hello G. King ,
If this is commercial farm land and you are talking as if this is land you had previously been leasing, then I suggest that you speak with a real estate attorney unless you are working with a real estate broker already who would be guiding you. When I have worked with my clients in lease situations we lay the ground work prior to the lease and use the real estate attorney to pull things together so that each knows what the terms are and the options are and the term and allowable time to exercise that option. It is important that things are done properly and I suggest speaking with a real estate attorney so that you make informed decisions and you are protected to avoid a costly mistake. I am a NC Broker but would be glad to refer you to someone if you need that help. If you have a family attorney he could also help you find a good real estate attorney, but I would ask them if they have done these options and leases before if that is what you are seeking and use someone who has that experience. I imagine that Kim the agent over in Coppell could also help find someone to help you if you need assistance.

I hope this is helpful,
Deborah Rigsbee Miller, Real Estate Broker
Coldwell Banker
The buyer would most commonly initiate an offer to purchase the property from the seller on terms acceptable to the buyer, however, it would not be incorrect or wrong for the seller to write a contract offering to sell the property to the buyer on the sellers' terms. Either way - it's simply more common for the buyer to be the one making the offer.