Home Buying in Peoria>Question Details

pmseg.5, Home Buyer in Peoria, AZ

who pays for delinquent taxes after trustee sale?

Asked by pmseg.5, Peoria, AZ Mon Oct 15, 2012

Answers

5
If you are referring to purchasing a home at the trustee sale then it is the responsibilty of the new owner. I have purchased several properties at trustee sale in Arizona and I have had to pay delinquent taxes. I also list bank owned properties and when purchasing a bank owned property the bank generally pays for delingquent taxes. I often have delingquent taxes owed on my bank owned listings but the bank has paid them before the property was sold.
Whenever I purchase a property at trustee sale in Maricopa county I always check the county assessor website here http://mcassessor.maricopa.gov/assessor// . Once on the website you type in the parcel number for the property on the right hand side and click go. Then towards the top of the page where it says 'Owner Information look' for 'view tax information' and click on it. You can then view what has been paid for each tax year. If it says $0 then you know the taxes have not been paid for that year. Buying at trustee sales can be a little complicated so if you don't know what you are doing you may want to hire a bidding service to help you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 15, 2012
The successful bidder is responsible for the back taxes. Always check before bidding.
In most cases it depends if you purchased it at auction, it could be you. If you purchased a bank owned home, than the bank usually pays all back liens and taxes. You could check with your buyer broker or the attorney who conducted teh closing. This should have been checked by you and your agent prior to closing to make sure.
Hello.......It seldom arises that there are any delinquent taxes at a trustee sale. The majority of the time, taxes have been paid by the seller through the impound account. Unless the home has been abandoned over a year, taxes are usually up to date. In cases where the foreclosure takes over a year, the buyer(successful bidder) will be responsible to pay the back taxes. Always check with the appropriate taxing authority to determine if back taxes are due before making your offer. If you'd like further help, you can reach me at MBanvilleTeam@gmail.com
There shouldn't be any if things are done right.
Did you get a trustee's deed?