Scott, Home Buyer in Grants Pass, OR

who is the best short sale real estate buyers agent in Josephine County, what ccertifications, training, etc?

Asked by Scott, Grants Pass, OR Fri Dec 5, 2008

buyers agent

Answers

3
There are no certifications Scott. All of the realtors in Josephine county can help you with a short sale. Will just any agent help you? They should!! But, not all realtors are willing to put the time and effort into a short sale. As a buyer, if you have patience and can wait out the bank for answers and live with the bank changing prices and requirements as you go along, you actually win!! So, what can I help you with?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 5, 2008
Hi Scott,
I hope you are well on your way to purchasing your home by now but I just wanted to say that Lana hit the nail on the head. There are no certifications required but there is education available. Over 300 agents practice in Grants Pass and of those you can bet there is only a handful that have taken any courses.
It is very time consuming to buy a short sale in most cases. Patience is imperative and you have to realize that the lenders really have no obligation to cooperate. We are sort of at their mercy and of course at the mercy of the motivation of the listing agent! I have been assisting a buyer with a short sale for several months now and the listing agent is a pro. Today we finally have a glimmer of hope that we will get an answer. Every lender has their own method of practice so just go into this with your eyes wide open and be prepared to be frustrated and maybe disappointed but if you get it done, you win! I am happy to answer your questions anytime.
Sharon Vest
Then Venuti Group Inc
1012 NW Sixth St.
Grants Pass, OR 97526
541-476-9616
Hello Scott,

Once you have an accepted offer on a short sale, the seller's lender must also approve the transaction as they will be receiving less money than the balanced owed. In addition, the seller will pay taxes on the difference between what is owed vs. what they sold the home for. It is not a tax write off, it is considered a capital gain. As a foreclosure, the default process has already been completed and the lender acts as the seller.

In either process, you will want to already be pre-approved as the lender may take some time in reviewing your offer. However, once the offer is accepted, they will want the transaction to move very quickly. Most charge a per diem penalty if the transaction does not close on time. This is because they know you are receiving a good deal. So it's important to work with someone who knows what they are doing and can close on time.

I am a lender and can work with any buyer throughout the State of Oregon and I have much experience funding short sale transactions. If you visit our website, you can read all about us as well as see we are offering a 1/2 price special. We work at your pace starting with looking at the whole picture and, through a process of elimination, together we will mold your program until it is exactly the way you like it. We are very low key and we do not charge any up front fees. Another nice feature is that I do everything in house. If you click on my bio, you can read several testimonials from current and past clients.
Crystal Beard
Ambient Home Lending
Toll Free 877-777-9763
http://www.ambientlending.com