Home Buying in Hampton>Question Details

Larry, Real Estate Pro in Highlands Ranch, CO

who is paying for Trulia and is it worth it?

Asked by Larry, Highlands Ranch, CO Thu Nov 1, 2012

Answers

1
Chuck Braxton’s answer
Hi, Larry:

I will be out in CO this winter doing my usual three weeks of skiing in Jan and Feb.

Great question. I made a dozen calls to agents a year or so ago asking the same question.

Except for one agent in Manchester, NH who continues to have a great conversation with himself with lots of spelling errors and more puff pieces than content, here is what I learned. NOT WORTH IT.

I continue to weigh in on questions raised in my area and although I can tell you that no business has resulted from the effort, I feel that I am giving back and adding a valuable viewpoint to a lot of the "pick me" contributions. I am starting to wonder whether the questions are legit. As Tom Cruise said, "Show me the money!" I just like giving consumers real content compared to some of the other blah, blah or non-local responses that I see go by.

I happen to do a lot with land and have been fairly happy with Landwatch.com Pro (all my listings, not just land). I have not looked at the pro/con of this site, but it generates a fair amount of traffic.

Here is what my office colleagues (fifty or so) and I think of Trulia. There are continually errors in the listing feeds, big errors. This cannot be our MLS system. Who has time to correct one's listings and check that over and over? When you complain, the first response is, "Sign up for Trulia Pro" Excuse me, but you are messing up my listings and adding to my wasted time while expecting me to jump on board. Thanx for the 'help." Trulia has to deliver a first class platform at the non subscriber level if they expect to attract premium subscribers.

Hey Trulia and Larry, give me a call if you want to chat. Chuck 603/677-2154
That would be SHOW !!!
Flag Sun Apr 21, 2013
That was Cuba Gooding who said "Shoe me the Money!" LOL
Flag Sun Apr 21, 2013