Unimesh, Home Buyer in 12528

who is giving low interest rate in highland,ny?

Asked by Unimesh, 12528 Wed Jul 14, 2010

I am planning to buy a house in hudson valley...wan to check who is giving low interest rate for the buyers

Answers

4
Much will depend on your finances and the type of loan, credit score, etc. Visit with any qualified mortgage broker, various lenders, credit unions, etc., then go from there.
Congratulations for taking the first step in home ownership--securing financing. Most people start looking first and get to it later.

One thing you need to take into consideration is that there is not one rate for all. Rates and fees are often based on your credit score; the higher the score the better the interest rate.

For example-- Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union is offering 4.25% for a 15 year fixed rate loan--but to qualify you must put 20% down and have a FICO score of 740 or better.

Traditionally local banks and credit unions seem to give better rates as they keep the money in the community.

If you want to talk/email one on one on my experiences with banks let me know:

Janice Doty
janice.doty1@gmail.com
845-978-9789
It all depends on what type of property you are looking to purchase. You'll need to compare all origination fees or points and what is bundled into the closing costs to figure your true rate (APR). As an example I know of a builder who is offering to pay down the rate to 4% with a local Highland Bank.

He is offering new contruction in the $340,000 range in a very nice area close to 9W. If you are looking for a buyer's agent to represent you in your quest for a home in the Hudson Valley than you may want to check out my record and call me. At the very least google my name.

Barbara Korabel
Broker at Exit To Green Realty
3584 US Hwy 9W-Highland, NY
A mortgage broker in your area would be your best resource. A Realtor is another. However, just in general, interest rates are really low right now overall . . . depending, of course, on your credit. One tip, though: Stick with a bricks-and-mortar lender, someone with an actual office and actual people near you. It can be kind of tricky going with online lenders.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA