Timothy, Home Buyer in Indianapolis, IN

who has the best track record of selling homes in the Indianapolis and surrounding areas?

Asked by Timothy, Indianapolis, IN Thu Sep 19, 2013

I live in Ca now, but putting house on market soon,looking to move out to Indiana in the spring. I cant do anything until I sell the house here, but would like to find good areas where I can move. I will be there in Dec, for 3 weeks

Answers

10
We can all sit here and claim our brokerage is tops. They are all #1 in some way it just depends on what measurement you are using. The main thing for you is to find an Agent that knows the areas that you want to be in and can offer honest guidance through the process. I happen not to know much about the Southside, but give me anything in the central, north, west or east and I have it covered. Interview agents and find out if they have the time for you. The big name agents get alot of business but they don't necessarily rank high in personal customer service. Many agents have reviews posted on Trulia, Zillow etc and that can be a good place to start as well. Also if you know anyone here in Indy ask for recommendations just make sure they know the market. Let me know if I can assist in any way. I would be happy to send you my client testimonials. I also moved here from out of state a while back so I understand getting familiar with an area. Kristin Tomyn ktomyn@c21scheetz.com 317-430-5558
Timothy:

Great question. As you can see by the varied answers already presented, there are multiple ways to measure the success of a company or an agent.

If you have friends or family here, I'd recommend talking to them about their experiences. Do some phone interviews with a few local agents. Review their Buyer Agency Agreements. Ask for referrals.

If you have particular things you're interested in, see if you can find someone who shares those interests. For example, I'm a huge local food fan. I also spend a ridiculous amount of time in and around the arts scene. I'm involved with historic preservation, and have a deep appreciation for architecture. I've lived in Indiana my whole life, and have been in the Indy metro area for 25 years. I've lived downtown and in the suburbs. In Meridian Kessler and Irvington. I have clients whom I've connected with because we both love our vintage Vespas. One of my clients may be a bigger Grateful Dead fan than me...but we're still arguing the details of that one.

That kind of data is part of how agents and their clients bond and develop trust. If you're a huge football fan and like Depeche Mode, see if you can find someone who shares those loves. If you're into running and cycling, there's probably an agent out there who'll connect with you on that level. A huge Dr. Who nerd? There's surely one among us.

Good luck in your search!

Joe Shoemaker
Principal Broker, REALTOR®
MacDuff Realty Group, LLC
317 413.8501
joe@joeshoe.com
http://www.facebook.com/joeshoe
http://twitter.com/#!/jojosmojo
Great answer Joe! How could someone possibly choose any other agent?? You make me wish I was moving, just so I could use your services!
Flag Thu Sep 19, 2013
Joe you crack me up !!
Flag Thu Sep 19, 2013
It is not only about an agent’s track record it is also about building a good relationship between you and the agent you are working with locally no matter who their company is.

You might consider calling your local CA broker who has your CA home listed and ask them for a local Indiana referral. Out of my experience they will not refer you to an agent they had a bad working experience with.
Hi Again Tim,

We all think our brokers are the best, but mine REALLY is! :)

As far as finding and area, the referenced link from Wikipedia does a pretty good job of breaking down all the different sub-areas inside Indianapolis. Indy is a weird town, with little pockets of neighborhoods that are really nice, then a couple of blocks over, not so nice.

Most of the suburbs are nice. Fishers was rated #1 City for Families by the Learning Channel. Carmel and Zionsville ranked #1 and #2 in the most recent public school test scores released this week. Plainfield and Avon are also nice, and closer to the airport, if that is a concern.

I'd love to be your guy!

Avery Garrett
Coldwell Banker Kaiser
317-721-2274
soldbyavery@gmail.com
Timothy,

RE/MAX agents average more real estate sales than agents of any other brand - and have for several years. I'm with Central Indiana's top selling RE/MAX office (Indianapolis and surrounding area). I have lived in the area for over 30 years and know it very well.

I would be happy to meet you in December to discuss and show you different areas so you can narrow your search. And of course, I can be available in Spring for your move.

Contact me at (317) 529-4178, or peterknight@frontier.com

Peter Knight
RE/MAX Ability Plus
Carpenter Realtors have 30 offices in Indiana. None of them are a franchise. This means you will have over 600 agents to help sell your home here. We have one of if not the best proven marketing system in the state. I can also help you with your home in Ca. We also have a relocation department that will help you find the right Realtor in Ca to sell your home. We believe in helping you all the way through your move not just one end of it. Here is the best part we don't charge you for that service. You can call me Jim Linville at (317)430-5102 for more information. I hope this helps you out.

Jim Linville
Associate Broker, Carpenter Realtors
317-430-5102
jlinville@callcarpenter.com
Timothy,
F.C. Tucker is #1 in the state (I believe the Midwest actually) and my office is also at the top. Please call/email me and I can give you more info about us, while also determining your needs to get the ball rolling for your move.
Thanks!
Micki Sheridan
(317)372-3994
MickiS@talktotucker.com
Hey Timothy,

When it comes to selling a home Century 21 knows how to deliver. We are a full service brokerage with a 94% name recognition and some of the most knowledgable and intuitive agents in the business.

As far as assisting in the purchase of a new home, we are also a stellar company to work with. But really what it is all about is finding the agent that you feel is best suited to YOUR unique needs/wants.

I would love to have the opportunity to assist in anyway possible! If you are open to chatting, give me a call and tell me more about your situation and we can move forward from there.

I hope to hear from you very soon!

Braxton Denton
Century 21 Scheetz
Braxton@c21scheetz.com
Cell/text-317.800.4515
IBJ keeps track of these statistics. My brokerage, Coldwell Banker Kaiser, is #1 Top Producing per Agent, which is the reason I chose them. We only have one office in the area, and about 20 agents.

Avery Garrett
317-721-2274
soldbyavery.com
Hi Timothy,

Carpenter Realtors has over 30 offices in the Indiana area. Our agents know their markets and are highly capable of helping you find your perfect home.

I would be happy to assist you and show you a few properties upon your visit in December.

Please feel free to contact me anytime!

Thanks!!
Tiff Atkinson
Real Estate Broker
Carpenter Realtors
317-612-4546
tatkinson@callcarpenter.com