Home Buying in North Port>Question Details

Lew Korn, Home Buyer in Springfield, PA

who do I contact to confirm their are not other out standing judgements on a prpperty?

Asked by Lew Korn, Springfield, PA Sat Nov 15, 2008

Answers

6
Lew, you would need to have a title company or attorney do a lien search on the property.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 15, 2008
You can do all the above (or below) to research and make sure there are no outstanding judgements on a property. However, the best thing for you to do before you buy the house is to get titlle insurance just in case there is a last minute judgement recorded against the property. Note that Title companies will not insure titles for a house you bought at auction.

So, I would advise that unless you are a very, very savvy buyer, I will extremely careful when I go to an auction to buy a house.

Sylvia Barry
Marin Realtor
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 15, 2008
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Novato, CA
this is simple and most --------- can't answer. ALL judgements are recorded in public records and are easily searchable through the clerk of courts office in the county, or their web site.
If the house is listed by an agent, there is probably a property disclosure which answers that question.

contact the listing agent
Lew,
As previously stated, this is the job of a title company. Your real estate agent will be able to provive you with some possibilities to choose from
The best thing to do would be to use a Real Estate Agent. It's a free service for you and they will be able to look up this for you as well as answer any questions you may have.