Lin,  in Hamden, CT

which town in this area has more potential for a vacation rental? ski, nature, but shopping, restaurants as well. thanks

Asked by Lin, Hamden, CT Thu Mar 22, 2012

Answers

5
i'd suggest the quechee area.
NOT CHATEAUGAY! Killington, woodstock or Ludlow would be your best bet!
I think a wonderful choice for this is Quechee Lakes. Located in the Town of Hartford, VT, Quechee Village includes the Quechee Lakes Resort and the Quechee Club. Amenities include two championship golf courses, tennis, skiing, health club, two pools, children's programs, etc. etc. AND Quechee is centrally located between Woodstock VT and Hanover NH. It's 1/2 hour to the Killington gondola about 45 minutes to Okemo, 1.5 hour to other major areas plus small areas very close (Dartmouth Skiway, Suicide Six). Offers something for everyone and very good rental potential. Happy to provide more information. Pam Vernon 802-291-3239
As a Realtor and 25 year resident of the area I can honestly say that Woodstock,VT homes, as well as homes in the immediate surrounding towns(Pomfret,Barnard,Hartland) are highly rentable and close to everything. Skiing at Okemo,Killington,Pico,Suicide 6 and more are 20-40 minutes and Woodstock has shopping and restaurants in the village. Woodstock is home to a vast trail network for hiking, cross-country skiing as well as VAST trails for snowmobiles. We have the only national park dedicated to the environment-Marsh Billings Rockefeller National Park and Billings Farm and Museum-both which bring lots of tourists who like to rent in/near the village so that they can walk to all the amenities.
There's a lot on the market but we have had a few months of very steady activity finally and things are starting to move again. Any of the towns in the Woodstock area would offer what you are looking for byt the sound of your question but if you can afford something in Woodstock it could be the best bet. I'm happy to help with your seach if you don't have a Realtor currently-tambrey.vutech@lmsre.com.
Lin,

White River is flat, Ct. River Valley. No skiing persay.
Focus on Killington or LUDLOW.
Look at the current tax rate for all the surrounding communities of Ludlow. Cavendish, Proctorsville, Weston, Mt. Holly, Tyson, Plymouth and Reading(25 miles to WRJ). All of which surround Ludlow. I live in Reading just a half mile over the line from Plymouth, which adjoins Ludlow. It is just far enough removed so it is nice and quiet. Great biking road, access to sledding and only 9 miles to Okemo(either entrance). My home is on the market and we will probably rent it if it does not sell by November. It is a 16 year old 2400+ sq' home and it will rent for between 10.5 an 12 for the season(plus utilities). Dan
My opinon is Stowe. It is close to interstate and offers the best blend of terrain, food, shopping and availability of rentals.
Flag Wed Apr 18, 2012