Home Buying in Danville>Question Details

Jenny Hu, Home Buyer in Walnut Creek, CA

which part of danville is good to raise family with school age kids?

Asked by Jenny Hu, Walnut Creek, CA Fri Jul 22, 2011

interested to buy a home in danville but don't know much about this area. Is there a particular neighborhood good to raise family with school age kids? or any neighborhood to avoid? it will be great if there is a blog to discuss the danville real estate market in detail. Thanks,

Answers

15
Hello Jenny,

I live in Danville 94506. Moved here from Danville 94526. What does that mean? Moved from west side to east side. I found a larger, newer home that I really liked on the east side and here I sit. Most of the newer homes are on the east side. You will pay a premium for a home within walking distance to downtown Danville.

Danville is a city with a high quality of living, great schools and wonderful neighborhoods. They differ a bit. Greenbrook has a great swim/tennis club, but older homes. Alamo Creek on the east side has wonderful spacious new and nearly new homes, but their aquatic center is not yet complete.

You need to make a list of attributes that are important to you in your next home and discuss them with your buyer's representative.

http://www.LiveDanville.com is a website where you will find blogs with blog tabs on homes for sale and home values and school API's in 94506. http://www.VickieSellsHomes.com is all inclusive of Danville and San Ramon neighborhoods. Pull down on the blog tab and then scroll down to rotate through the neighborhood links. No registration necessary, but if you have questions I'm here to help.

Kindest Regards,
Vickie Nagy, Broker Association, CA DRE#01363932
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 22, 2011
Hi Jenny,
It is good of you to put a picture of you and your son on the question page; it makes it more like I am talking directly to you! All of Danville schools are part of the San Ramon Valley School District so you can go on their website, http://www.srvusd.k12.ca.us, and see their school ratings and find out which schools a particular address will attend. Unlike Walnut Creek where there are a lot of areas which have more mature residents, Danville (especially the newer home areas) tends to have a multitude of children. We have many people from all over the Bay Area making Danville their destination of choice because of the excellent school system!
I have been selling real estate in the Danville area since 1985 and would be happy to assist you with any further questions you may have about the town of Danville.

Carolyn Zeigler,
Certified Residential Specialist
Re/Max Accord
925-487-1996
Danville is known for having the finest schools in the East Bay Area. The TrivValley itself ALL have scores in the high 900's. Alamo, Danvill & San Ramon (TriValley). San Ramon - Diversified.(prices a tad lower. Danville upper mid Class. Multi Alamo -Older money. Larger properties At least $100,000 more. With all schools one can not go wrong. Each has slighly different values. I alway s suggest to vist the social , shopping areas & view the Teens childre etc. A great site to check out is Greater Scools .com. Thats where you will find your answers. Each area in each town is has its different charm . Depends what interests you. Newer -Older - persenallity homes. What ever you want . Churches may have an influence.
Community activities are major. On my website I have an Area School link that will provide on overview of the schools in the area. The link Trends & Statistics will get you the California Association of Realtors. The Market Data link provides a great deal of statistics for this area. Enjoy!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 23, 2011
The short answer is: EVERYWHERE in Danville! There are so many wonderful family oriented neighborhoods in Danville, each with its own special "flavor." From Westside Danville with its large lots, proximity to Iron Horse Trail, and downtown shops to the Tassajara Valley to the east, each community will offer something slightly different. In the 26 years I've been an agent in Danville/Blackhawk, I have never had one client with children who hasn't reminded me of what a "Kid haven" Danville is! I was just out showing today to clients with 3 children- they were delighted with schools, parks, and activities geared to serve our youth. Since one of their children is middle school age and very athletic, they were "blown away" to see the caliber of our programs. And their younger daughter could see experiences in the highly esteemed dance and vocal programs available. My suggestion: find an agent who can drive you through various neighborhoods with homes that would ultimately be available in your price range (even though there might not be a home on the mkt in that neighborhood right now). This will help you narrow down the neighborhoods you feel meet your desires the most. Enjoy the process!
By the way, when I bought my house my children were in preschool (now they are parents themselves). I looked at many communities, and settled in Danville because of the many child-oriented attributes! I'd make the same decision again! It just gets better all of the time!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 22, 2011
Hello Jenny,
I currently reside in Danville having moved here from Pleasant Hill over 6 years ago and I absolutely love it. Since I don't know your price range I can tell you that there are several neighborhoods priced from about the mid $500,000 to over a million within walking distance to 12 years of excellent schools. Additionally a park, pond, trails and membership pool are also located within this area, although the major draw is the schools. A real bonus is the parks organization which is one of the best around with many events and classes I've not seen offered anywhere else. Besides school keeping your children occupied there is so much to do in this area I doubt you will ever hear them complain that there is nothing to do. Hopefully this little bit of information has been helpful to you. :)

Christina Beil
DRE #01053374
http://www.ChristinaBeil.com
925-212-9647
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 22, 2011
I don't think you could go wrong: we lived in Dublin/Pleasanton for 20 years.

My suggestion would be to go to Garage Sales on Saturday mornings:
It is a lot of fun and you get to meet and talk to people.
If you see a FOR SALE sign, you can ask them about it and pass the info to your Realtor.

Good luck and may God bless
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 22, 2011
Hello Jenny –

For the past seventeen years I have raised two daughters in Danville, they have grown up to be intelligent, well rounded adults. You can’t go wrong with any part of Danville! Within Danville there are two different zip codes 94506 and 94526 it is just your preference as to what area you like best. Here is some detailed information for you to go over on both of the areas. If there is anything else I can do for you please do not hesitate to call.

Dana Huelga
DRE#01509831
(925) 487-7322
Westside Danville (downtown) is a great area to raise kids, walk to schools, meet your neighbors, exercise on the Iron Horse Trail, and stop to chat with friends at Starbucks.

I would be happy to send you more details specifically on Danville neighborhoods, market trends from month to month, and inventory levels.

Gto know the neighborhood, with your agent before you purchase. See what commute patterns look like, see if there are kids playing in the street, talk with neighbors on a block you are considering buying. The more homework you do, the happier you will be with your decision.

Happy home hunting!

Susan Bieber
ALAIN PINEL REALTORS
DRE License# 01883429
925.550.7770
Hi Jenny and Family,

Danville in a whole is a great place. What you need to decide is what you want in a home, your price range and then see where Danville you may get what you want in the perfect area of Danville. You also might like to think about whether you like old or new. West Danville for the most part is a very desirable area. You have older homes in gorgeous neighborhoods that have been updated. What you might say is the best of both worlds. When you know what kind of home you like, then you can find that perfect house. There are new communities up and rising even in Danville. Call me if you would like to dscuss your options and find that perfect house in that perfect neighboorhood you have been always lookng for and I will find it for you.

All my best,

Lillie Missbrenner
Better Homes and Garden Previosly Prudential Calfornia Realty
Danville, Ca
Cell. 925-628-9100
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 26, 2011
Every square inch of Danville is a desirable area to live- top schools, close to highways and transportation. Great shopping and quaint downtown with lots of history. You can't go wrong in Danville!
Hi Jenny,
Nice picture. Danville is a city with great schools and high quality of living. If you like the newer home area with two schools (elementary & middle) close to the neighborhood, please come to visit the neighborhood of my new listing at 158 Channi Loop. There're townhouses and single family homes ranging from about $490k to above 1M.

Dora Meier Lee
DRE# 01841162
Excel Realty
925-922-4294
dorameierlee@gmail.com
You can't go wrong in Danville, Alamo, Lafayette, Orinda or Moraga. All have great scores with lots of parent involvement, including significant non-profit financial support for the schools and after school and sports activities which is important for the kids also.

I see you are presenty in Walnut Creek. All the schools that feed into either Las Lomas High School or Northgate High School will also be excellent. Walnut Creek will have a wider socio-economic range than the other areas mentioned. That may be an important plus or minus for your consideration.

Steve Curtis
Broker / Owner
DRE # 350257
Windermere
925-408-0037
Steve@SteveCurtisHomes.com
I can't really think of many areas Danville that don't have kids! Up in the hills may be more difficult, because the homes are on larger lots and are more separated from each other, but the kids play outside, climb trees, ride horses, or go into town! Blackhawk has many kid activities, and there are the tennis courts, pool, etc, so even there it's a great place.

It all comes down to what kind of neighborhood you really want. Flatlands are always easier for bike riding, etc, Your agent should give you the whole tour of neighborhoods that fit your price range, so you can identify the kinds of neighborhoods that feel right to you - big trees, big lots, older homes, newer homes, smaller lots. That way you eliminate the areas that don't work and you can focus on those that do. I like to take people on a Saturday morning, so you can see activities happening, see your potential neighbors. Then, among the neighborhoods where you feel you could call it "home" you can talk with your agents about which ones have more kids in the ages of yours. Good luck!
I do specialize in Danville and know the town very well. You can visit my Blog Derek of Danville at word press or on Facebook for local information. For more real estate related, I would be happy to answer any questions. DerekDRodrigues@gmail.com
DerekofDanville@gmail.com
Every part. I have lived in Danville most of my life and attended school at San Ramon Valley High School. It would only depend on your preference. All the local schools are highly rated. Also, Lafayette has the highest school ratings of the area if you are interested.