Inquisitive, Other/Just Looking in San Ramon, CA

which one is better community -- the foothills (@ norris canyon) or crest view (@ east ridge) , San Ramon ,

Asked by Inquisitive, San Ramon, CA Tue Feb 10, 2009

Hi Everyone,

1 )
Which one is better community overall to live ?

2)
Also if in case I plan to buy (Condo) where do you think I will get more appreciation, from the above 2 communities ? I understand the appreciation in condos is limited, but still.

3 )
What would be a good price to pay for 2 bed 2 bath , and approximately 1050 sq ft place.

4 ) -- Any upcoming development/construction near by ?

I won't mind reading long answers so be detailed as much as you can. That will help me to understand the different angles and perspectives.

Many Many Thanks in Advance.

Answers

2
Inquisitive,
Unfortunately Mr. Reilly doesnt know what he is talking about, atleast with regards to the Foothills off Norris Canyon.

Mr. Reilly - in the future please research the question asked if you are going to respond. Your answer is not only incorrect, but even in current (terrible) market conditions, the Foothills properties list well north of $250k, far out of reach of your $200k upper proposed upper limit. Responding as you did just makes you look lazy and or incompetent to the needs of potential buyers with legitimate concerns. The Foothills were not apartment conversions, they were built as condos and not rental units.

To answer the questions posed, with regards to the Foothills:

1) I do not know of Crest View, so I can't compare what is a 'better community' as that is an opinion of what specifics you look for in a community. I can tell you, that the Foothills is a very quiet community, good people, and the pool areas are lively in the summer.

2) The Foothills, back in 2008-2009, had major construction done on all the builinds, brand new siding, windows and glass sliders were installed. The siding is hardy board (concrete boards) and has a 50 yr life span. That said, this community is set to appreciate heavily when the market returns.

3) At this time, a 2BD/2BR 1050 sq foot place at the Foothills goes for around $260-$300k. This is a fair price for the area, and comparing it to other condo units in San Ramon, it is a great deal for what you get (including HOA dues, and the size of the property, 2 pools/2 spas, etc..)

4) For the Foothills, just a small ways away by the Iron Horse Trail, there is current construction for some residential units and small shops to be built, which will be a nice, short walk from the Foothills for a morning coffee or lunch/dinner. This is the only construction I am aware of.

Thank you
Inquisitive,

In my opinion you would be insane to purchase in either one of those places unless the price was below $200,000. They are both condo conversions and were build more to apartment standards.