Home Buying in Edwardsville>Question Details

Lgylys, Home Seller in Edwardsville, IL

which of the real estate companies are the best producers in Edwardsville?

Asked by Lgylys, Edwardsville, IL Mon Mar 29, 2010

Answers

7
Some of the answers you've already seen are very good. I would however say that you cannot judge which agent or firm would best serve your needs based on this kind of a search. To find an agent/firm that would best assist you, you really need to interview several of them in person and determine who you feel comfortable can then meet your personal needs.

Some agents work with a lot of buyers, such as myself. So to do the search recommended by some of the other agents on here, may not bring up those agents names. There are agents such as myself who keep a fairly lean listing inventory, feeling that they'd like to continue to offer their clients that hands on personal touch that can only be afforded by not taking on more than one can handle. My husband and I are out at our listings 1 to 3 times weekly checking on things, such as the brochure boxes, disclosures, sign in sheets, making sure that in the case of vacant homes the water heaters and/or pipes haven't broken and spilled water all over, thermostats are being kept at correct temperatures, doors locked and lights out. Things like that so that we can notify our sellers right away if we come across any problems.

While a firm's support of it's agents through the resources they provide their agents can be very beneficial to a seller and buyer, it is generally the individual agents that sell the homes. I often tell sellers who comment that their agent hasn't shown their home one time, or very few times, the listing agent statistically won't be the agent who sells your home, the buyer's agent will. If you are getting a number of showings, then your listing agent has done exactly as you have asked them to do and gotten the word out to those buyer's agents, so that in turn they are bringing their buyers out to view your property and you cannot fault them for a job well done. On the other hand, if your property is not getting the showings you believe it should, then it is critical that you contact that agent and discuss reasons that they believe it's not showing. A good agent should be able to show you what the market trends for showing activity are and also offer advice on ways that you might overcome any obstacles to ensure that your property starts getting the maximum number of showings possible.

If you like further information, please feel free to contact me.

Terri Blackman
Broker Associate
RE/MAX Preferred
618-624-0600
terrib@remax.net
Can you give me a little more detail to your question? When you say Real Estate Company are you referring to major company name, e.g. RE/MAX, Century 21, etc (because you can have a combine answer (adding the local offices together) this might not be what you are looking for.) BTW most of these national franchises are "Independently Owned and Operated", so you really shouldn't bundle the results together.

Secondly, by best producer are you referring to listings (sales) or sold (buyer representation)?

By best producer do you mean, units sold, dollar volume, quickest average sale, (least time on market), smallest discount to list price?

Also, what time period are you looking for? First Quarter 2010, last 12 months, full year 2009?

Give me a little more detail and I will get you a fast response.
Just because they are a top producer does not mean they are the best for you. DO more research than simply # of houses sold.
I think Marge had a great answer. Log on to Google. Put an agent's name in quotes, like this: "Nancy Milton" and add a space and the word Edwardsville to the search. You'll see how aggressively the agent promotes homes on the Internet where nearly 90 percent of homebuyers begin their searches.

Again, the search formula should look like this in Google:

"AGENT NAME" Edwardsville

Then hit search and see what you get. As the other respondents said, we'd be happy to help with your real estate needs. And thanks for asking a great question.
Hi Glad you ask! Gives me an opportunity to bang my own drum.. Not that I am into shameless self promotion.Ha Pretty competitive world here in Edwardsville. But seriously I would like to have a teachable moment and expound on Lynn911's answer. She is on the right track to advise you that although the company per se may have abundant closings ( they may have 100 agents that sell 2 a year) it is often the individual agent that aggressively promotes and markets YOUR home. That is most likely the only one you care about selling right? We all know by now that 90% of all buyers start on the internet. How about a test. Google potential listing agents name and see for yourself how much internet exposure you can expect. You can start with me- Marge Haworth- I proactively seek out web sites and links to give my sellers the exposure they need in this market to get it sold! I would be happy to sit down with you and discuss a plan to position your home to sell in the Edwardsville market. Sincerely, Marge
The best Real Estate Company in Edwardsville is Coldwell Banker Brown..They do Nationwide advertisement,in Media,Newspapers ,Internet and Television.They have professional sales staff,and take pride in their Company and agents. If you have questions regarding a sale or purchase,there is always somebody in the office to assist you..and if you have any other concerns I will be happy to help you . I hope that answered your question Thanks Shirley Plunk
Best produces are different that service provided.

You need to ask the following questions:
1. As listing agent where is my home listed besides MLS
2. How do you promote my home ?
3. Do you blog?
4.. Syndicate out to multi websites? other agents?

We broadcast all of our listing in many instances listing agents are not the ones who sell your property.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com