Home Buying in Winnetka>Question Details

Jj, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

which is better neighborhood?

Asked by Jj, Los Angeles, CA Wed Apr 23, 2008

what do you think about the neighborhood in Winnetka, CA vs. North Hills, CA
We are planning to move to Winnetka, CA from North Hills, CA

I am not a realtor, but because of the reason you stated Winnetka has more potential. To be sure ask a realtor. I hope you find something you like and as always feel free to contact me for financing options.
I am married with 2 kids and it looks like Winnetka looks better to us because where we live right now in North hills, there are more apartments and renters than those in Winnetka who has more single family homes. What do you think will be the potential for property going up better in Winnetka or North hills?
I have helped clients in both areas and the best way to answer that is are you single, married, married with kids? I say this because you have to take into consideration local schools, your lifestyle, and safety for everybody. Remember you can use the megans law website to see if there are any sex offenders in the area http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/ Having said all this do some research and ask your local Realtor to help you out. I am a mortgage broker and should you need some mortgage advice or see what you qualify let me know. Personally I would go west of the 405 and you are in a nicer area.