Soumya, Home Buyer in 94555

which is a better purchase...bordeaux by KB homes in sunnyvale or paragon by DR Horton in milpitas?

Asked by Soumya, 94555 Tue Mar 2, 2010

I am considering these two options. Which is a better builder? which area might have better resale value and will appreciate over time?

The home in bordeaux is 2 bed 2 bath 1050 sqft one and is very close to lawrence expressway. standard incentives here.

the home in paragon is a 3bed 2.5 bath 1400 sqft one and is priced less and is located close to montague expressway. I am getting good incentives from this builder

Which area has better schools?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated

Hi Soumya - I'm also looking to buy a condo for myself in paragon. which plan are you considering and what is the price u think will be accepted?
Hi Soumya,
I would definitely go with the 3/2.5, especially with the good incentives. The reason being is that although Sunnyvale has a higher resale value you are paying more for less. The 3/2.5 will have more potential buyers when you go to sell it so I believe will have a better chance of having a higher appreciation over time, but the schools in sunnyvale and desirablity of the area will hold it's value longer so I believe that the choice will be up to you as to location, size, schools. You need make up your mind as to what is important to you, and go from there.
DRE# 01397256
I personally think DR Horton is a better builder. Go to both homes and really look at the quality. Knock on the walls and see what is insulated better. Look at the quality of the window. In the homes I have seen I have seen much better qualitiy in the DR Horton. there is my 2 cents, oh... inflation, is it worth more than 2 cents now (lol)
Dear Soumya,

Of the two answers you've received so far, I tend to agree more with John. Unless you're a single person, living alone, that 1050 sq. ft. home will seem pretty small pretty quickly. And a 3 bedroom home will sell more quickly than a 2 bedroom home when you're ready to move on. (And that's regardless of whether you're in Sunnyvale or Milpitas.)

You need to ask yourself more questions. Which home is closer to your work, your school, your church, etc.? Which design do you prefer? View? You're going to be spending time inside! How do the home warranties compare? How about HOA fees? Amenities? And parking. How many garages or spaces will you get?

Milpitas has more than two dozen parks, and is known for its vibrant ethnic mix. When the weather is good I walk to church, through a park, and see Chinese playing tennis, Hispanics playing soccer, and Indians playing cricket. Milpitas is fun! City Hall was constructed in 2002, a new, expanded Library has recently opened, there is a Community Center, a Senior Center, a Sports Center, and a Teen Center. Milpitas also has the Great Mall and McCarthy Ranch.

Best of luck Soumya; I know you'll make the right choice for you!

Web Reference: http://www.LexieFry.com
Hi Soumya,

KB Homes, Bordeaux. is the best value. It's Sunnyvale. When you're talking real estate, location is most important. Although Bordeaux is located in close proximity to the brick yard, it's still Sunnyvale; there are plus's & minus's to this community. DR Horton is an average builder but Milpitas location is not going to give you best resale value, compared to Svle (just talking real estate). Before you decide where to move, make sure to look at all the property disclosures to find out if it's a good fit for you.

Best of luck in your home purchase!!

Sara Greenwood
I don't really see how you can compare a 2/2 with 1,050 sq. ft. to a 3/2.5 with 1,400 sq. ft.