Home Buying in Weston>Question Details

Marcela, Both Buyer and Seller in Weston, FL

which communities allow pick up trucks in Weston./?

Asked by Marcela, Weston, FL Thu Jan 1, 2009

Answers

14
Rose & Dean Sklar’s answer
Weston Commercial Center - 2600 Glades Circle - Suite 200 - Weston, FL 33327
Phone: 954-384-6949 - Fax: 954-384-6258 - Emergency Number: 954-244-0108 - info@westoncommercialcenter.com

This site allows commercial truck, RV and more parking for overnight and is right here in Weston!

Let us know if we can help you find your new home!

Rose & Dean Sklar
"Nobody Knows Weston Like We Do!"
#1 Producing Agents in the City of Weston for FIVE consecutive years! 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
Legends Society - Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate's Highest Achievement Award, 2010, 2011 & 2012
#1 Producing Agents in Broward County, 2011 & 2012
Top 50 Coldwell Banker Teams in the Nation, 2011
Coldwell Banker 2690 Weston Road, Suite 101, Weston, FL, 33331
Direct: (954) 389-6197
Rose's cell: (954) 298-3626
Dean's cell: (954) 298-3616
E-Fax: (888) 597-2505
View our listings at: http://www.SklarTeam.com
E-mail us at: SklarTeam@gmail.com
facebook.com/SklarTeam
twitter.com/sklarteam
http://www.linkedin.com/in/rosesklar
Unfortunatly The Point in Weston Hill CC just voted against trucks. This development was originally at its inception to be a more senior comminity and it remains for the most part today. Not up to date with rules, however the residence is slowly moving towards younger families so as the seniors succomb to health issues this community will evolve.
Not allowed in the city of Weston parked trucks, but there is a lot the Glades to park trucks
Hi Marcela, I am an agent here in Weston and live in Savanna. The HOA here does allow pick up trucks provided they have the bed covered by a lid. If it is an open bed without a lid then it must be parked in the garage. All the communities in Weston are governed by different associations. For instance in the Ridges, no truck can be parked overnight in your driveway, even if it has a lid. In the Ridges you must park your truck in the garage. As for commercial vehicles the city of Weston does not permit overnight parking outside. Must go in the garage. Be sure to do your homework and call the HOA for the development you decide to buy in. Good luck and happy shopping.

Barbie Roberts, P.A.
Coldwell Banker
Weston Town Center
954-815-5293
http://www.floridamoves.com/barbie.roberts
The city of Weston does not have an oridinance restricting pickup trucks. If reside within the city, not HOA, you may park a pickup in your drive way. Many HOA's have the exact same bylaw word for word when it comes to the truck and commercial parking rule. However, each interpret the definition differently. Some see a pickup truck as a vehicle to be included in the restrction while other communities feel the pickup is a passenger vehicle as any car or suv. Google 'pickup truck homeowner association' there you will see many news articles and court rulings on the subject. Many HOA's have amended their bylaws definition and some have ceased enforcing the rule on pckup owners after learning the courts rulings.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 11, 2009
Does Castle Guard folllow the City of Weston's Ordinance Rules or their own set Rules??

Matt Walker
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 4, 2009
dont know ,my best bet is to call Castle management and speak to the manager, sorry dont know about Weston Hills
Does Weston Hills Country Club allow pick ups??? and if so where is it in writing??
SAVANNA AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THE BED COVERED BY A PROFESSIONAL INSTALL DEVICE, COUNTRY ISLES GARDEN HOMES ALSO,THE FALLS ALSO ALLOW PICK UP TRUCKS
Hi Marcela,

Most associations do not want commercial trucks (w/signs) parked in the driveways. You will probably mostly have to keep them in the garage, if they allow them at all. Is your a commercial or just a pick up truck? The MLS does not allow for an entry that specifies commercial vehicles, so a lot of times you will see as a restriction: no pick up trucks - not necessarily applying to pick up trucks for personal use.

Let me know which pick up truck are you referring and I will check some developements for you. Are you looking into a gated community in Weston?

Carla Rocha
954-895-7341
Marcella, I can also give you the name and phone numbers to the Home Owners Association for the areas that interest you. You can contact them directly for this information as well. Please feel free to call me direct on my cell at (954) 274-3446 if you would like some more help. Thanks and Happy New year!
I heard commercial vehicles are not allowed, but what about pickup trucks for personal use, I heard savanna does not allow them, what about the springs, ridges and lakes?thanks, for your answers.
Hi Marcella,

According to what I read, the limitations indicated on a pick up truck is in regards to a commercial vehicle. You cannot park a commercial vehicle in plain sight - it needs to be contained within a closed off garage for example.

For the information I read, and much more, go to:
http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/Florida/weston/cityof…

If you would like further assistance buying or selling a home in Weston, give me a call.
Go to http://www.westonfl.org; then go to weston government; then city clerk and then you will see Code of Ordinances (city code).. Click in there and then click on the box that says, View codes for the City of Weston; They are all on the left hand side but you might be able to find residential info under Title IX, General Regulations, thereafter click on Chapter 92, property maintenance which should take you to 92.01, Residential Property and also look under Title VI- Traffic Code...