Home Buying in New York>Question Details

Ashutosh Rai, Other/Just Looking in Indiahoma, OK

which banks provide home loans through trulia?

Asked by Ashutosh Rai, Indiahoma, OK Mon May 7, 2012

Answers

9
Like Anna said Trulia does not provide mortgages. Irina is wrong, everyone provides the same mortgages whether they are a bank (large or small), credit union or mortgage bank. There are just a handful of banks that portfolio (use their own money and not sale the mortgage) nationwide. It is the loan officer that differs from lender to lender. Most credit unions and banks loan officers are application takers. They do not know the nuances of the different mortgage programs. You want a loan officer that can help you get the right mortgage for you. Someone you can see at a shopping mall 5 years down the road and say thank you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 10, 2012
Banks don't provide loans through this site; if looking to purchase in the near future visit with any local licensed loan officer...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 8, 2012
If like many buyers these days you're looking at properties that need some TLC (updating/minor or major rehab/additions), you'll likely need a rehab loan to close or avoid closing delays if things come up on your appraisal.

If you need a local referral, I can find one of my counterparts to help you or if you'd like, I could handle your loan myself.

Without knowing more about what you're looking for, we're all shooting in the dark here.

Anyone you're looking to contact on Trulia will have their contact information on their website or in their profile, you can visit their profile by clicking on their name or picture.
Web Reference: http://RobWeber.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 8, 2012
If you are interested in purchasing a home, and want to talk to a loan officer, the best thing you could do is contact a realtor and ask to be referred. There may be some mortgage professionals who are 'Pros" here on Trulia, but tha'ts not the same as offering home loans 'through' Trulia. I am not a big fan of online mortgage companies. A home is probably the biggest purchase you will ever make. I don't know about you, but I want to be able to meet the people advising me through that process face to face and be able to shake their hands.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 8, 2012
Trulia is not your answer. Go to your agent and get a referral for the best lending institution that works in your area ... Be Smart
Trulia does not provide mortgages - I recommend you get a referral to a lender from a friend or if you are already working with a buyers agent they should be able to give you names of a few good lenders you can speak with.
Hello Ashutosh,

It makes sense to get a referral from a friend, family member, a real estate professional - and check out 4 types of lenders - large banks, small banks, credit unions and mortgage companies.

Each type will have different programs and you might find one better than the other in terms of costs and loan flexibility (debt to income ratios f.e.). When comparing programs, ask the lenders to quote a rate (called note rate) and then ask for their APR. Lowest cost lender will quote the lowest APR (while the note rate will be the same in all banks, for comparison purposes).

Trulia - as pointed out before - offers mortgage professionals's services in Find a Pro tool.

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
I have had good experiences with Wells Fargo and small community lender called Quonticbank.com which does all kind of federal programs. Contact me if you need something more specific. My cell is 917-559-2002.
Hi Ashutosh,

Indiahoma, OK is an area that is eligible for the no money down USDA mortgage so you'll want to contact me to see if you qualify.

The USDA mortgage also offers the ability to roll your closing costs into the loan and the monthly mortgage insurance is substantially less than an FHA or conventional loan.

Please feel free to contact me for more information or help. You can also visit my personal USDA mortgage website by clicking the link below.

John Burke
Senior Mortgage Banker
ENG Lending
(877)228-9069
jburke@englending.com