Home Buying in Irvine>Question Details

Greenmoon, Home Buyer in Irvine, CA

which bank to choose in irvine, CA area for my first mortgage loan - Chase or Wells Fargo?

Asked by Greenmoon, Irvine, CA Wed Oct 3, 2012

I'm trying to decide between Wells Fargo and Chase for my first mortgage. I have bank account with Chase, but Chase treat customer and non-customer the same. Could you share your experience/suggestion which bank is good in irvine, CA area for getting loan - like efficiency, speed and reliability. Thanks a lot!

Answers

11
I have worked with Chase and Wells Fargo. I have found I have had better experience with wells fargo.

That being said, I think my experience is more ref,lective on the reps I have dealt with than the banks themselves. My Wells rep is always on task and we close on time.
(which is a big plus in my book)

If you like I would be happy to provide you with my reps contact info. Just shoot me an email with your contact info.

Best of luck to you.

Kawain Payne, Realtor
I agree with most all of the answers so far. Thought I would add that you should always consider what programs your bank might offer for having multiple accounts with them. I can use Chase as an example because I use them.

I have my mortgage with Chase. The balance of my mortgage puts my total accounts balance with Chase over $25,000. This entitles me to premier status with all of my other accounts which means free checking services, free safe deposit box, no minimum balances, etc.

You might want to explore the offers your bank has for you. This is not necessarily the way you should pick your bank for a mortgage but it is something you could consider.
If you have no issues with credit, debt and income, I recommend using Cash Call. They charge you nothing, not even for an appraisal. Their rates are also very good.

For example, the way to know what today's rates are, you can look at http://www.bankrate.com

Now, go to http://www.cashcall.com and look at their rates.

If you have problems with credit or income or whatever, then I suggest you work with a loan broker who can better serve you based on your specific issues. I have a very good one that will actually run your file to see what possible issues you will have if you were to get a loan. She's not cheap, but she's very effective and aggressive.

I would avoid big bank lenders like Wells and Chase.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 6, 2012
Lots of answers!
When it comes to a "bank"...its pick your poison.
You are much better of going with a referral from your real estate professional.
My clients have had good experience with both lenders.
They are both major established financial lending institutions with experienced personnel.
Might be a good idea to compare thier costs and rates and use that as a starting point.
Keep your emotion intact and focus on the financial benefits and expediency of the loan officer you interview. I will be happy to refer you to a good loan officer if needed. Good luck!
Hi GreenMoon,

Chase is as good as other banks also. I 've contacts in Wells Fargo, if you need help please let me know . Your agent should be helping you on this too. We have private in house Mgt. group also, depending on the financial terms we discuss this in detail. Please contact or text me @ 949-202-6106 or e-mail me @ rrshahoc @ gmail. Com.

Hope to hear from you soon .

Rekha
I recommend you consider contacting and using an experienced mortgage broker, such as Jim Power, First Capital Mortgage - 949-295-6014.

Harrison K. Long, Realtor and broker associate, Coldwell Banker Previews, Irvine, CA
949-701-2515
http://www.LiveaIrvine.com
The question is what they do for you??
How about the biggest credit Union in California!!! Kinecta FCU (Boeing)

Greenmoon,
Take a look at our rates, closing cost, rebates, gift, VIP membership, home insurances, CDs, car rates, credit cards, personal loans etc.
Buddy, let me tell you credit unions are in place for many reasons!!
Let me know about your needs and i will guide you.
NMLS 380933
949.861.0367
LQuintero@kinecta.org
http://www.kinecta.org/lquintero
I am a Mtg broker in S. Cal area and have sent files to both in the past. Unsure of how fast they are currently processing and closing files on their retail side.
As with any Lender, Remember if you originate the file with them you may not end up making your payments to them.
If you need a rate quote with fast friendly service I am available 7 days a week to help your loan go through quickly.

David
951-746-6249 cell

Loan Ace
21 years lending experience
35 years Real Estate Sales experience
It is very important to sit down with both and see which agent you feel most comfortable with and can walk you through the process as a new borrower on your first mortgage. You will most likely get the same information from both lenders.
If you aren't working with a Realtor to find that first house, I would be happy to set down with you and see how I can best guide and help you in the process.

Thanks, its an exciting time for you. Feel free to go check out my website and take a look at some properties.

Lori Hanson
OC Homes Realty
714-585-5236 Cell
estatepricing@yahoo.com
DRE 01405146
Evening Greenmoon,

Both banks are great, although they do take quite sometime to close in certain cases. All banks including mortgage bankers are very, very busy with refinances, and new home purchase. In my experience mortgage bankers have just as great low rates and can close very quickly. I'd call Chase, Wells, and also Tony Bolanos over at New American Funding, they have a 21 day close with super aggressive (low) rates.

Hope this helps...

P.S. New American is located in Irvine

Alex Vargas
Weichert Realtors
(714) 269-8775 Mobile

http://www.AlexSellsSoCal.com

AlexVargas2009@gmail.com