Home Buying in Tracy>Question Details

Hollie, Home Buyer in Tracy, CA

which area is better?

Asked by Hollie, Tracy, CA Tue Aug 11, 2009

Jackson Ave & Golden Gate Dr?

Answers

5
Thanks all.
For investment purpose, it's better under $200k. But it's hard to find houses at that range. Why?
Hollie,

As mentioned below, the term "better" can be very subjective based on what exactly is it that you're looking for.
Being that this will be an investment home, here is a little information on each of the areas that I hope you find helpful:

Jackson Ave is a an area with a lot of newer homes. It is located off of a main street in town with easy freeway access which may appeal to a potential renter that plans to commute. There are a lot of local amenities very close by, including parks, schools & shopping.
Golden Gate Dr is located in a less busy area, but also with many amenities nearby. However, the homes here are little bit older, with generally moderate pride of ownership, and not in as a desirable area as Jackson Ave.

Below, I have provided you a link to a page on my website where you can search listings in Tracy based specific criteria that you can enter in.

If you have any further questions, or need any assistance in finding a home in the Tracy area, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Good luck on your search for an investment home!
This is a investment house. The most important things for me are rental and appreciation potential.
Hollie,

This question is one that is often floated out there for Trulia Pro's to respond. It is also one that should recieve more personal investigation than appealing to the "opinions" of others. The reality is that what I percieve as a great location may be viewed by another individual as less than acceptable.

Our recommendation is for you to create a list of qualities you are looking for in your perfect location and a list of things you will not tolerate. By establishing personal criteria you may be much better prepared to come to a decision that truly meets your needs.

The Eckler Team
Hollie - "better" is in the eye of the beholder.

As agents, we really can't reply to that sort of question.
Also, there are many variables that factor into what someone might consider "better"..... Are you referring to schools? price ranges? crime rates? percentage of depreciation? snob appeal?.......the list goes on and on.........

I suggest you make a list of what's important to you..Then you can see which area better fulfills your needs, or at least have some specific questions that can be answered by a local Realtor.