Home Buying in New York>Question Details

David18, Home Buyer in Corvallis, OR

wheres the cheapest condos in new york.

Asked by David18, Corvallis, OR Mon Mar 8, 2010

looking for a place to move into.

Answers

8
There are good values in a lot of locations. If you specifically want Manhattan, there are some very good values in Harlem and the Financial District. If you are interested in Brooklyn, there are some great recent price reductions in some terrific buildings there. It really depends upon what you need to be near and what amenities you need.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 8, 2010
You can get a 1 bedroom condo for 300-400k or 2 bedrooms for 400 to 650k in Astoria Queens which is only 15 minutes away from midtown.You can take N&W train to Astoria. You have a lot of cafes restaurants and it is a great place to live.
you can email me at bunver81@yahoo.com if you are looking for condos in Astoria.
Ben Unver
Century 21 Triboro Terrace Realty
Astoria,Queens
646-464-0144
Hi David18,

You might also want to consider Westchester County. There are condo units available in Peekskill, Yorktown Heights, Jefferson Valley, Yonkers, South Salem, Ossining, White Plains, New Rochelle, Montrose, Dobbs Ferry, Mamaroneck, Armonk and even the Bronx for under $200,000.

Robin Lynch
Keller Williams Realty Group
914-315-6182
Hi David18. Some of the best values can be found in Harlem and Hamilton Heights. You'll do well for size and they should be ready for occupancy. You can check that to be sure. Here's a site to help your search;

http://www.prudentialelliman.com/MainSite/Search/Apartments.…

Enjoy! If I can be of help in your imminent purchase, please feel free to contact me. Regards.
Depends on exactly what suits your wants, needs, and lifestyle and where in NY would you like to live--are you specifically referring to Manhattan, or will other nearby localities do.
See my extended answer on your other thread.....
David,
If you're considering a move to NY or surrounding area, the best way to approach purchasing a condo in the area would be to consider your needs and long term goals to determine which would be the best way to go. Cheapest may not be the way to go if on resale the value's not there. I can speak to you about condos in Brooklyn, Queens, as well as all of Long Island. If you would like further information, please feel free to contact me. Good luck!

Ralph Windschuh
Certified Buyer Representative
Senior Real Estate Specialist
Associate Broker
Century 21 Princeton Properties
631-467-0009
rwindschuh@c21princetonproperties.com
Cheap? Well by New York Standards it would be Harlem and Downtown. But cheap does not mean value. Look into what you want, you are going to live there...it is not cheap if it requires an onerous commute to work and your quality of life is not good. Balance is everything. Paying a little more and walking to work can be a wonderful thing. Losign an hour a day to just getting to and from home is no bargain.