Home Buying in Madison>Question Details

megan.radcli…, Home Buyer in Westport, CT

where would you recommend looking for a family with three young children, some school age. We want to be close to the water.

Asked by megan.radcliff, Westport, CT Mon Feb 25, 2013

Answers

5
Having raised 4 children in Madison and wanting exactly what you describe, we chose to live just north of the post Road, great accessibility to beaches, schools and village and taxes are CONSIDERABLY less than south of the Post Road
Very tough to answer not knowing price range, commuting needs, lifestyle interests. I would recommend working with an agent who is also a REALTOR:
http://www.realtor.com/home-finance/buyers-basics/why-use-a-…
Hi Megan,
Your question came in as Madison,CT so I assume that is the town you are looking at. Anywhere in Madison could work for a young family. The closer to the water you get the more expensive the homes get. I would be happy to discuss your desires with you and be better able to advise you. Madison is a wonderful town to bring up a family with highly rated schools, a very active community and great beaches.
Thank you for your question. Madison has three elementary schools - one south of Rte. 1, one just north of the town center, and one closer to northern Madison. There are many homes for sale within close proximity to the three town beaches, as well as to the association beaches many neighborhoods have. I'd be happy to talk more about this with you at your convenience. Peggy Steiner, William Pitt Sotheby's International Realty, Madison (psteiner@wpsir.com)
Hi Megan, as a parent I understand this concern completely. I have found a website that you may find useful. http://www.greatschools.org Here you can type in different cities and it will give you the ratings of the schools. Hope this helps!!