Home Buying in 11212>Question Details

Lucky, Renter in Brooklyn, NY

where would i go to apply to use my section 8 to buy a house in nyc?

Asked by Lucky, Brooklyn, NY Fri Oct 29, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:


You can begin by contacting your local PHA office--Public Housing Authority--regarding their procedures, any paperwork needed, any other information needed, etc.- a knowledgeable case worker can help you get started---see links for additional information.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 29, 2010
I don't believe that Section 8 vouchers can be used to buy property in NY, although they can in other states. Check with your benefits co-ordinator.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 29, 2010
Hi Lucky, Check with your Realtors in the area in which you want to buy in. They should know and be able to help you.

All the Best
Dave & Lisa
Web Reference: http://www.urhomerealty.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 29, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer