Home Buying in Chambersburg>Question Details

dysinger, Home Buyer in Saint Thomas, PA

where would i find out about getting a property reassessed for taxes??

Asked by dysinger, Saint Thomas, PA Tue Jan 15, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


Contact the Tax Assessor's office - 717-261-3803.
They are very helpful and can direct you! Appeals are due by September for reassessment for the next year. There is a form you'll need to complete. At this time in the year, you have some time get this completed.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 16, 2013
The Franklin County Tax Assessment office offers forms for requesting reassessment, however, I believe you can only apply for this in August and September. The tax office is in the old courthouse on Lincoln Way East.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 16, 2013
Go to the assessors office in the court house in Chambersburg. They will tell you how to challenge your assessment
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 15, 2013
Where do you live and what makes you think your taxes are too high? The assessment office is going to look at several factors when deciding if you qualify for a reassessment. Feel free to contact me so I can answer your questions.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 15, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer