Home Buying in Valencia>Question Details

RskNmnSvNuRs, Home Buyer in Valencia, CA

where is the best place to buy a home in california right now?

Asked by RskNmnSvNuRs, Valencia, CA Sat Jun 25, 2011

Answers

5
Ron Thomas’ answer
I am going to assume that you are not talking about Lifestyles, Schools and proximity to the Mountains and Water Skiing: Your question would be FINANCIAL.

We have lived in the centrail valley for 11 years now, and have watched it grow: The Cost of Housing went from $125,000 thru the roof to $325,000 and back down to $125,000. The difference is that the age and quality of that house has improved dramatically.

With the advances in technology, you can live almost anywhere now. The Fresno area has a lot of new businesses, housing developments, shopping and people. Fresno City is about 400 to 500,000 and the Metro area is about one million.

From a Housing/Financial point of view; if you only wanted to invest $10,000, you could buy a nice house in Fresno: In the Bay Area or LA, that might cover Closing Costs!

A really nice house, in a good neighborhood, 3/2 with Granite Kitchen, etc, can be had for less than $250,000.

Good luck and happy house hunting.
Hi RskNmnSvNuRs,

I'm partial, but I suggest Murrieta/Temecula area. Very family oriented and prices are great right now.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
http://www.RealtyBySR.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 25, 2011
This is a question I ask myself constantly. Moving from PA, OH, CA, NC and back to CA, I have many States and communities covered. You are where you are! But where do you choose to be? I believe that you surround yourself around the same type of people no matter where you live. Thus, make life easiest and find the area that is matches most to your daily needs such as your work commute, your family activities, education, etc. Life in Santa Clarita is great with all the community activities. But if you aren't going to participate in them, then another area may be better for you. If you want the beach Oxnard may be a great option. If you want the city, West Hollywood would be great. If you want the country, Lake Elizabeth is nice. I also like the Burbank community and what it has to offer. And I'll leave you with Ojai. What a great area!
It depends on the reason for purchasing. Regardless of where you buy right now, you will be buying in at a price that is about 40% to 80% lower than where it peaked at last decade. Coupling that with great interest rates as well makes it a win-win situation for buyers. Property values may still have a little room to decline in various areas. But interest rates are the big variable as no one is sure if they will rise or remain at the current level.

Living and working in Santa Clarita, I am a big fan of Valencia and think that its current price level is reasonably affordable. But if you are an investor, contact me and I will let you know where most of my investors are currently purchasing their properties.
It'll be different for everyone. The best place to buy is a community that has the amenities you need to fit your lifestyle, budget and general outlook on life - whether it's Valencia, Laguna Beach, or Napa.