Steve Mattley,  in Agua Dulce, CA

where is the best deal?

Asked by Steve Mattley, Agua Dulce, CA Tue Nov 30, 2010

3 bds

Merlin Barrientos’ answer
Mr. Steve,

There are many great deals in Canyon Country for 3bed homes/Townhomes.

If you are not yet working with any Realtor, feel free to give me a call I can gladly assist you find your new place.

Merlin Barrientos
Realtor Associate
Direct 661 713-8780
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 4, 2010
The best deal is what is going to meet your needs. What are you looking for? A deal can be described as the least expensive home, but what most fail to tell you is the work required to bring that home up to current standards.

What are your needs ... is this investment property or is it going to be a family home? Do you have children ... are pets important?

Once we discuss what is important to you, I can position you in the right direction. Any agent can mail you a list of homes. What I do, is listen to your needs and then educate you on what's on the market that meets those needs and then negotiate your deal so you get the best value for your dollars.

Lisa B. Kaul, Realtor
Keller Williams VIP Properties Valencia
DRE No.: 01843923
Web Reference:
Hi Steve,

There are currently several homes for sale in Canyon Country in the low $200,000 range. The majority of these properties are located in the area north of Soledad Canyon Road and east of Whites Canyon Road. Feel free to contact me & provide me with your email address, and I would be happy to provide you a list of available properties in the area.

Have a good day,

John Barry
DRE #01856079
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Twitter: @RealtorJB
The deals can be anywhere. Not necessarily in one particular area of Canyon Country/Santa Clarita. Some communities do present great buying opportunities, but there are too many to name, here. I'd suggest looking at high inventory communities where sellers are competing with each other to win over buyers (ie larger condo communities and housing developments). Some of the best deals are short sale homes. In order to get those deals however, you have to have a lot pf patience and time available, as those sales can take months to complete in some instances. Santa Clarita has a pretty low inventory of bank owned homes for sale, however deals can be had there as well. The best part of being a homebuyer in Santa Clarita right now is that competition is very low, amongst other homebuyers right now. That means, potentially, less multiple offer situations. If you're an all cash homebuyer, that could open up the door to other "deals" and opportunities as well on fixer-type homes for sale. Check out our awesome Santa Clarita real estate site - linked below - to check out what's for sale. It's always updated. Good luck!
Web Reference: