Home Buying in Las Vegas>Question Details

Theresa Will…, Home Buyer in Peachtree City, GA

where is a good place to live between San Diego, CA and Nevada. For widowed but active lifestyle dad? Close enough to visit family in SAN..

Asked by Theresa Williams, Peachtree City, GA Sat Mar 9, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3007595423-9709-Templemore-Av…

Answers

9
Here is a suggestion for your dad: why doesn't he come to Las Vegas and check out several areas. That way, he won't have to take anyone's ideas, but he can do his own research. There is quite a difference between the weather of Sam Diego and the weather of Las Vegas. He would have to know that he can handle 116 or so degree temperatures in August. Some people just love it and others can't wait to get away from here as fast as they can. If he loves it, he can choose a place to live; if he hates it, he can find some other area in California.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 10, 2013
Here in Southern Nevada there are several active lifestyle communities. The cost of living is also considerably less than most of California. The communities of Anthem and MacDonald Ranch in Henderson as well as Summerlin in Las Vegas are options. Please contact me directly and I will be glad to get you additional information on these communities.

Mike Kruse
VIP Realty Group
lvhomesbymike@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 9, 2013
If this dad likes the beach, museums, lakes and fishing, and Disneyland, then forget Vegas.

But if this dad appeals to no state income tax, low cost of living, low property tax, relatively lower priced homes, world-class entertainment, great public schools for the kids, dry weather and dry martinis, then welcome to FABULOUS LAS VEGAS!
Good answers below. Do you plan to come to Vegas soon to check out the neighborhoods and city itself?

If you send me info regarding the type of home you are looking for I would be happy to assist you with find a home to purchase. The easiest way to get this info to me is to fill out our "Buyer's Form on our website here: http://lvrealestatehelp.weebly.com/buying-real-estate.html

Robert Adams
Broker/Salesman
The Adams Team at
Rothwell Gornt Companies
C:702-349-9175
O:702-932-8813
F:702-932-8826
RobertAdams@LVrealestateHELP.com
http://www.LVrealestateHELP.com
What type of guy are we talking about here?
Likes to fish and hunt - NO Vegas.
Like to surf and walk the boardwalk - NO Vegas
Enjoy catching a baseball game or football game - NO Vegas

HOWEVER if you like fine dining, shows , just overall fun exciting things happening 365 days a year and 10,000 bars and restaurants and places to just laugh and have fun - COME TO VEGAS

Give me a call and lets discuss things based on YOUR NEEDS and YOUR LIFESTYLE .....

I would love to help even if we decide Vegas isnt the place...
Hi Theresa,

I would definitely recommend Las Vegas as the first choice. Due to all the activities for your Dad to do here, great prices on housing and the saving on taxes and our close proximity to Southern California. You can always catch an inexpensive flight to San Diego, CA from Las Vegas.

My other two suggestions would be Palm Springs, CA or Huntington Beach, CA or some of the other beach cities in Orange County.

Chris O. Harrison
Barrett & Co. Realty
702.592.9510 Mobile
Chris.Harrison@msn.com
Hi Theresa,

There is a fabulous active, adult community - Siena - in Las Vegas, Summerlin area west of the Strip.
Indoor and outdoor pool, golf club, restaurant, state-of-the-art gym, tennis courts, clubs and activities from 7 AM to 9 PM...all for the over 55 crowd.
Go to the website http://www.SienaLV.com. Then call me. I live here as well and there is nothing like it.

Mary Ulasewicz
Realty One Group
10750 W. Charleston BL #180
Las Vegas, NV 89135
702-630-2621
Mary@MaryUlas.com
http://www.DetectiveMaryHomes.com

Las Vegas! We have lower property taxes and no state income tax. San Diego is an easy drive from Las Vegas.

If you compare housing costs, Las Vegas wins again!

If I can help you, please contact me.

Jane Snow
Wardley Real Estate
702-338-3067
My suggestion would be Palm Springs but as Mike said, the cost of living here is much cheaper that it will most likely outweigh the 2 hour drive time savings. Las Vegas offers all the same benefits as the desert areas of California (Hiking, Golf, Lakes, etc) but without the high taxes and we have a better airport for other commuting reasons.

Sara Jessa
Urban Nest Realty
702-306-7868
Sara@JessaGroup.com