Home Buying in Queens>Question Details

Grahamlataya, Home Buyer in Bronx, NY

where is a good location to live in queens?

Asked by Grahamlataya, Bronx, NY Sat Sep 3, 2011

Answers

6
A good location should be defined and determined by personal preferences, wants, needs, lifestyle, financials, etc. Consider visiting areas of interest, also check out http://www.mlsli.com for available properties...be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously.
Grathamlataya

All of Queens is a good location to live in.

Where you choose to live is a personal choice. There are many questions that you must ask yourself:
- What type of home you are looking for (Co-op, Condo, Single Family)? Would you look at attached or detached homes?
-What type of transportation do you prefer: Bus, Train, Railroad, Express Bus, or Car?
-How far from NYC do you wish to be? Astoria is very close, Douglaston is far.
-How important is the School District. As a general statement, School Ditsricts 26 and 25 score higher, but you should also look at the individual elementary and middle schools.
-What is your budget? This will tell you which type of home and neighborhood are possible. You should speak with a mortgage expert to understand your financial options; downpayment, types of mortgages, what your interest rate and monthly payment might be, and closing costs.

Good Luck with your search.

David Callaghan
917-747-5528
Call me 347-886-4021 And I'll be your Tour Guide in Queens. I'll show you trains & all Transport. Maybe you want to see the School Districts. I'm here to help YOU
LONG ISLAND CITY BECAUSE IS NEAR THE CITY. BAY SIDEAND FRESHMEDOW BECAUSE IS QUIET BUT YOU NEED A CAR, THEY ARE TWO FARE ZONE. FLUSHING IF YOU WORK CLOSE BY IN QUEENS.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 4, 2011
Best thing to do is spend a day or two visiting some parts of Queens and getting a feel for them, they are all different in their own way, so you need to figure out which are your main priorities. I would be more than happy to answer any questions you have and show you around our city when you are able to plan a visit here. Call me @ 347 932-0609
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 4, 2011
it all depend of what is high priority on your list. Do you want to be by the highways or the train station? do you want to be close to a park or shoping center?... :et me know what is your criteria and I would be happy to do a market analisys for you and show you some homes. Call me at 917.902.2873. my name is Alexandra
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 3, 2011