Home Buying in 37311>Question Details

Lefawn1984, Home Buyer in 37311

where do i get a list of homes that owe back taxes i can purchase?

Asked by Lefawn1984, 37311 Wed Jun 20, 2012

looking to buy a house that has owed taxes for 7,000 or less own it out right.

Help the community by answering this question:


Yes i love to buy a home for that much or less
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 18, 2016
You have stumbled upon an excellant, exceptional, nearly secret way to invest small amounts of money and receive high yields. Occaisionally, you even get a house. Each tax authority is different.
There are several issue you need to understand regarding the practices in place by the taxing authority. Each state is different. Each city is different. You need to VERIFY!.
Issue number:
1. Redemption period
2. Multiple paticipants
3. Bid or straight certificate purchase (influences yield)
4. Incurred liabilities
5. Asset protability
6. Pre-publish and publish cycle
7. Redemption action required
8. Expiry of certificate holder rights
*** Be aware in some areas purchasing the tax cert DOES NOT LEAD TO OWNING A PIECE OF REAL ESTATE!
Each area is different. For more clarity please read how tax certs are handled in Pinellas County FL. You MUST know the details for the area you are considering.
Here's the link: http://www.taxcollect.com/Content.aspx?ContentID=97
This option is certainly worth your time and energy to develop real expertise.
Visit the taxing authority website and review the disclosures they have published, Familiarize yourself with the local lexicon. Contact the county tax authorty involved. Telephone will work best. Ask in the appropriate context (1-8 above) the criteria as it applies to that county. They will mail or emial the list.
Now, your strategy becomes important.
The explaination and example provided above is to alert you that you MUST do your homework. You need to know if acquisition is the outcome of winning a public auction.

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL

Serious people call
Really serious people use reliable data sources
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 5, 2013
About once or twice a year those are published in the local news paper. There are websites but they charge. Call the local courthouse and ask them if you can get a list. Sometimes they have these if not they should be able to refer you. Dept is the County tax assessors office.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 5, 2013
You assuming that you can buy an expensive house for $7,000 or less?

You may want to do a little more research.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 20, 2012
well yes a friend of mine got a house for 500. not looking for something expensive just some kinda of fixer uper we can work with
Flag Thu Jun 21, 2012
Your local city government will have a list of properties with delinquent taxes. And, in fact, many of them have specific procedures--such as an annual auction--to sell properties where the delinquency is past a certain period of time. But check with your local city or county taxing authority for the list.

Hope that helps.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 20, 2012
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer