Home Buying in Phoenix>Question Details

Cecily, Home Buyer in Phoenix, AZ

where do I start with finding a lender? I am a first time buyer with good credit but with a small down payment.

Asked by Cecily, Phoenix, AZ Sun May 26, 2013

Answers

28
Michael Fabbro’s answer
Hi Cecily,

I have a few good lenders that I have used in the past and have done some great work for my clients in similar situations. If you would like I can get you some more information if you haven't found somebody already. Give me a call or email. Thanks
I always recommend starting with a bank you have a relationships with. Then, any Realtor you decide to work with will also be able to provide recommendations on lending brokers. You are smart though! You want to find out what you qualify for before looking for homes.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 26, 2013
Hey Cecily I would start by attending a certified First time buyer program. You will obtain a wealth of information about the programs available in your area. All programs will require you attend the class anyway.
Cecily,

Have you had an opportunity to explore the various Down Payment Assistance programs available here in Phoenix? Depending on your circumstances, you could qualify for thousands of dollars in grants and/or zero-interest loans that allow you to keep more money in the bank when you buy your next home.

Please feel free to contact me for a free consultation. I know these programs inside and out.

Warm regards, Kevin
kevinmcfarlin@hsmove.com
Cecily, I am a Mortgage Banker in metro Phoenix, AZ. I lend in both Arizona and California where I will be pleased to help you. If you or someone you know is looking for financing options, please feel free to contact me or pass along my information. 623-340-0934 Korene Clopine-Seaman NMLS # 218520 KLCSLoanTeam.com We are Direct Lenders, WE CLOSE LOANS!
Please contact me directly, and I would be happy to provide you with great contacts.

Real Estate Professional / Prestige Realty
Bianca Bennett / 602-570-7898
Bianca@InvestInArizonaHomes.com
Website: http://www.InvestInArizonaHomes.com
It is important to find a REALTOR first. He or she can provide you with lender recommendations depending on your needs and situation. Depending on your credit score I would like to see you get into a 3% or 5% down conventional loan to avoid the newly increased (and never terminating) FHA fees.

Once you make an offer and listing agent worth his or her salt will ask about the relationship and history between the buyer agent and the lender to gain confidence that the transaction will go smoothly and is in the hands of competent professionals on all sides.

Mario Micheli, REALTOR
Juris Doctor, Special Real Estate Commissioner, Maricopa County Superior Court
Nextage Realty Professionals
480-440-0077 (mobile)
mario@hiremario.com (email) http://www.linkedin.com/in/hiremario (Linkedin profile)
Check with local brokers and see what lenders they recommend.
Please feel free to contact any of the Loan Officers on my LOANS page: urbanpremises.com/loans/.
They have worked with many of my buyer clients and would be happy to help get you pre-approved.
We have lenders that offer 100% financing at great rates and these loans are not restricted by area.

Would you like that?
Hey Cecily!

I work with a great team, which includes some great lenders.
Depending on your situation, we could get you into a home with little to no money down!

If you would like to get more information, please do not hesitate to give me a call!

480-275-9566

PS. I look forward to speaking with you soon!
I work with a lender that offices out of my real estate office. Great communication and accountability. Also, since he both works for a large private mortgage bank and has other loan options available to him he is almost certain to have several options that meet your needs.

Give me a call and I can introduce the two of you.

Mario Micheli, REALTOR
Nextage Realty Professionals
480-440-0077 (mobile)
mario@hiremario.com (email)
http://www.linkedin.com/in/hiremario (Linkedin profile)

I hope all is well. I am a local lender and available to walk you through the options available and the ins and outs of your first home purchase. Below is my contact information , let me know how I can help!

City North/ Desert Ridge Location
Timothy Potempa
Sr. Loan Officer
Office/Cell: 623.570.0781
Fax: 602.464.7396
NMLS:454708

5450 E. High Street Suite 260
Phoenix, AZ 85054

http://www.novahomeloans.com/timothy.potempa
I have no way of earning your business, I'm in another state... here's an unbiased opinion on finding a lender:

First try a bank that you have a relationship with. That is the most strait forward, and easiest to get started... But, just because they are your bank, doesn't mean they will get you the best deal, or take the best care of you... They will be able to look at your situation, and determine what products you may qualify for. Then you can compare apples-to-apples when you begin to shop lenders.

Once you know your loan situation, find a Realtor you like... Not the most popular, or "best of the best", find one you really like to interact with... It is important you have a great working relationship with your agent so that you get taken care of. Ask that agent who they would recommend, and then have them run some figures for you.

Get at least 3 Good Faith Estimates from 3 different lenders and compare up-front costs, long-term cost of the loan, and lastly; rate. So many people get hung up on rate when it's not always what's most important.

Here's where all of my fellow brokers and lenders cringe: DO NOT HESITATE TO SHOP LENDERS! There are strict regulations in place that are designed to allow buyers the opportunity to shop for the best deal... take full advantage of them!
I know at least 3 lenders that could help you. Let me know if you would like their information.

Bianca Bennett / 602-570-7898
Bianca@InvestInArizonaHomes.com
I was sure this forum was just for staying neutral answering many real estate questions for the buying public. So many of you seemed to feel you need to leave your contact email and numbers. Allow the buyer to contact you if they feel you have given them the information that makes then feel comfortable.
Hey Cecily, I work with a great lender that can, most of the time, get you into a home with little to no money down!
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please feel free to give me a call, or shoot me an e-mail.

480-275-9566
E-mail: rebeccakallhoff@gmail.com

PS. I look forward to working with you soon!
Hi Cecily,

Just as important as a finding a competent lender is working with a Realtor who can help you find and qualify for any of the wonderful DOWN PAYMENT ASSISTANCE Programs in Maricopa County.

Check out my Trulia profile for recommendations from the buyers I have helped to do just that. Over $128,000 in GRANTS and ZERO-INTEREST, NO-PAYMENT LOANS in the past year! And I know excellent lenders who specialize in Down Payment Assistance as well.

Call me for the steps to qualify. Don't buy until you try!

Wishing you and yours a fun & safe holiday,

Kevin McFarlin
Homesmart International
602.733.5415
Hi Cecily,
I know a good lender that I have worked with in the past. He mentioned a program they have on a down payment assistance for first time home buyer. He may be able to help. Call or e mail me today and I will forward you his information.
Thank you
Grace Adewumi
602-769-0890
Realty One Group
gracea@realtyoneaz.com
http://www.house2buyorsell.com
Several of my clients have used a lender that does a great job. Do you want me to send you his contact information?
You may want to start by finding a Realtor. Most full time Realtors have several reputable lender referrals to offer you. If you need further help feel free to contact me. Thanks
Greg
A good place to start is the bank you use. Make sure the loan officer is local since Arizona has some of its own customs they must be familiar with. Then have your Agent refer you to a couple that they know who have the experience to work with you.
Hi Cecily,

This sounds like a great first step. There are many wonderful lenders out there. I would suggest finding a realtor that you would feel comfortable working with and you can ask them for a referral. Most realtors have lenders that they work with. This can help to make for a smoother transaction.

Good luck with your home search and feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Haveawonderful weekend.
Hi Cecily,
I specialize in first time home buyers and relocation clients. One of the lenders that I work very closely with is
Patrick Ritchie,
w/Freedom Mortgage.
office: 480.775.8700
cell: 480.203.4641 (he doesn't mind clients calling cell)
email: patrick.ritchie@freedommortgage.com

He does amazing work with my clients, he has no closing cost/ no down payment loan options that might fit your needs.
Please let me know if there is any thing I can do to help in your home search, I can send you a specialized list that fits your search criteria.

Thank you
Dawn Ugorek
Keller Williams Realty- Sonoran Living - Phoenix
480.221.1940 direct
email: dawnugorek@gmail.com
website: http://www.AZhouses2homes.com
or dawnugorek.com
Hello Cecily,

Peoples Mortgage
Mo Hamideh
480-335-5582

Nova Home Loans
JB or Jodie
602-541-4419

Both are very knowledgeable and have been in the business for over 15 years! Please let then know I referred you!

Have a GREAT weekend!

Vivien
Hi Cecily,

Find a real estate agent you would like to work with. Agents typically have good working relationships with one or more lenders. Working with an agent and lender that are used to working together can make for a smoother purchase.

I have an loan officer that offers some good incentives and can assist with some of your closing costs. Feel free to get in touch for more information.
Hello Cecily,

I work with some of top Loan Officiers in the valley that can help qualify you and explain the financing option available to you. I would be happy to assit you with this process. There are also many down payment assistance program we can show you. Please give me a call and we can get started.

Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business,
Victor Gustafson
Home Smart--Biltmore
GRI, CSSN, CNE, CSSPE
480-586-4376
JustConsiderItDoneInc@yahoo.com