Home Buying in Tampa>Question Details

Karen, Home Buyer in Tampa, FL

where do I find a 4 pet 55 active gated community.?

Asked by Karen, Tampa, FL Sat Jun 30, 2012

I am trying to find a 55 active adult gated community with lots of amenities. Full time for me, 2 dogs, an inside no claw cat. Part time for my brother and his dog.Tampa or Gulf area.

Answers

8
Hi Karen!

I know if you work with the right agent, you will find the perfect home for yourself and your pets. Yes, many developments have restrictions but if your agent is aware of your lifestyle, understands your financial picture, and works to find the amenities you desire, there is a place for you! Best of luck in your search. If I can be of further help, please feel free to e-mail.
jeannegleason@c21be.com
Karen,
My wife works for a 55 + community in Tampa that allows as many pets as you would like...It even has pet walks. Please contact me...
Marc Stern
Florida Executive Realty

Marc@FloridaExecutive.info
Karen, the total number of pets 3 dogs and one cat are best accomodated in a single family home with a fenced yard.

Most 55+ communities have stringent rules on pets, their size, breeds and how many. You are seeking a needle in a haystack. When you find a home, then will it have the amenities that you'd like at the price point you can afford and will your pets be approved by the board? Are your pets 25lbs and under?

You may encounter the same restrictions in non age restricted communities; condos, townhomes or a planned urban community.

By selecting a single family home in a neighborhood that you like, you can then join and participate in the activities available in the community. Right now the inventory is very low regarding existing homes for sale, thus, the shift in new home starts/sales. Tampa was just sighted as one of five communities in the US to buy affordable homes. This will spike real estate activity in our area in coming months.

Lynn Brock
Brock Realty Inc
941.313.1234
http://www.brockrealty-inc.com

If you'd like to search the MLS like an agent in real time, you can visit our website and sign up for a free Listing Book account. You will be able to change the search criteria to suit yourself and received morning reports regarding new listings, price changes and recent pendings.
First off, the answer about de clawing your cat is totaly out of line.
We live and work in Sun City Center, a pet friendly 55+ community, a really great place to live. We have condos from 20k to single family homes up to 400k. Oodles of amenities. Check it out, give us a call.
Would you like to live in a Golf Course Community. Give me a call and I will show you around Tampa Bay Golf and Country Club. It is a 55+ Community, allows pets and had many amenities available. It is located approximately 26 miles North of Tampa on I-75 and SR 52
Hi Karen,

If you consider a different area I have one in Pompano Beach, 10 min from beach, Fully Renovated.

http://www.trulia.com/property/3086618465-4907-NW-1st-Way-Po…

Regards
Hi Karen,
There are places out there in the area that may work out for you. However you really did not provide enough information. Obviously you are at a point where you are serious about your search. I would suggest you sit down with an agent and talk about the price range you are looking at and the general area you are looking for as well. Also, I have an indoor cat and he his declawed, so don’t pay any attention to what anybody has to say about that. Interview a couple of agents and chose one that you feel understands your wants and needs.

Jeffery Lonas
Real Estate Consultant
Keller Williams Gulfside Realty
727-831-6089
JefferyLonas@gmail.com
http://www.tampabay-home-sales.com
Join me of Face Book
You declawed your cat? I would never do that to a cat in a million years. I think it's a horrible practice.
Not a very professional or helpful comment. This is a real estate site, not a give your opinion of veterinary practices site.
Flag Sat Jun 30, 2012