Home Buying in Arlington>Question Details

Liz Chatfield, Other/Just Looking in Madison, CT

where can i get info on prices asked versus sale prices for single family homes in Arlington, mass?

Asked by Liz Chatfield, Madison, CT Sun Feb 22, 2009

Answers

2
Hi Liz:

Year-to-Date (2009), out of 16 single family home sales in Arlington, the average original list price to sale price is $589,225 - $534,844. A 93% ratio between original list price to sale price. The average listing price when a home sells compared to its average sale price is $559,919 - $524,844. As you can see, most home go through a price reduction prior to selling and the average.

Last year, at this time, there were also 16 homes sales. The average original listing price was $539,481 compared to an average sale price of $520,388, which is a ratio of 97%. The average listing price when those homes were sold was $523,794.

Single family homes sales have slightly appreciated at this point in time, compared to last year, by $14,456. I hope that this helps to answer your questions and I'd be happy to go over the number further with you if you are interested.
Hi Liz,
I have ben Realtor in Arlington for over 20 years. I would be happy to provide you with the information on a sspecific property, or if you log onto my website you register for access to current homes for sale and recent sold properties which will aslo provide the asking price when the property sold.
Web Reference: http://www.bobbittelari.com