Susan, Home Buyer in 45036

where can i download a copy of the sales agreement/contract when i am buying a home without a realtor?

Asked by Susan, 45036 Fri Jun 24, 2011

Answers

5
There is no standard "purchase agreement", they tend to vary region to region, sometimes office-to-office.

You can find many purchase agreements online, and at office supply stores (both online and in person)... but as everyone else has said... if you're going into a home purchase, please don't be penny-wise and pound foolish.

We recognize that you're likely trying to save money on Realtor's commission, okay... fair enough. But be smart enough to recognize that there are probably things that you don't know that could bite you in the hindquarters that would easily cost you more than the Realtor's commission. So at least, please, hire an attorney to take care of all the necessary paperwork, and guide the transaction to a smooth closing.

Alan May, Real Estate Pro in 60201
Susan I agree with James Deskins. I wouldn't use that contract with a buyer or seller. Contact a local title company to draw up a purchase contract.
Susan, I just read over that purchase contract and I don't like the way it's worded. Keep in mind there is not "official" or standard contract for Ohio. That is really why you should get an attorney-pronto.
http://www.transfertitle.com/contract.pdf - purchase contract for Ohio
http://www.com.ohio.gov/real/forms.aspx - forms required by the Ohio Division of Real Estate

I agree, spend a few hundred bucks on an attorney, even if it is your family you are buying from, etc.
If not utilizing an agent, do protect yourself and consider hiring an attorney who specializes in real estate for all related paperwork....