Home Buying in Russell Woods>Question Details

Kim Johnson, Home Buyer in Russell Woods, Detroit...

where can I find homes sold on land contract?

Asked by Kim Johnson, Russell Woods, Detroit, MI Mon Feb 7, 2011

Answers

7
As a Michigan licensed real estate professional I often work with families that buy a home using a land contract.
There are currently several available in the area, unlike other states where the use of land contracts may not be common.

Buying a home with a land contract does involve an application process.
References will be verified.
Your source of income may be confirmed. Your current housing record may be checked for the last 2 years.
You need a buyer’s agent to represent your interests, especially when dealing with land contracts.

For a list of homes available with land contract in Michigan, check the web site below or contact:

Chip Andis ~ Buyer’s Agent
Cell (248) 931-0084

Chip@Realfi.com

REALFi
REAL ESTATE AND FINANCE IN ONE
34 S. Telegraph Rd
Waterford, MI 48328
Office (248) 886-0000
my husband and I are looking to buy a house. unfortunately we can not get ok'd for a home mortgage loan.....well in my opinion is dumb! they wouldn't even look at our bills or w2's. we pay all our bills on time including rent which is 550.00. if you would please contact me if you know of anything available. im currently expecting and would like to be in a home before the little one is born. thank you ashli bartow ashlibartow2011@gmail.com
Flag Thu Mar 27, 2014
1. Tim i am wondering why you would say land contracts are no good? Seller financed land contracts are a great way to go at the moment. If you are aware of banks lending in the metro detroit area to clients with minimal down payments, bruised credit, are under appraised value homes let me know and i will advise my clients to get a mortgage and avoid land contract.

I have a complete list of land contract homes with programs from $4,000-10,000 down and payments as low as $500 per month. own the home in 3, 5, or 7 years. If we dont have a home you like we will BUY the one of your choice and sell it back on land contract.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 9, 2011
Re: Where can I find homes sold on land contract?

We can help you find the house in the area that you want and purchase it for you.

You must have a 10 - 30% down payment depending on terms.

Contact Al at 734.564.4640

We can fund your deal in as little as 7 days. Application is fast and simple.

We focus almost completely on qualifying the value of the home rather than the borrower, resulting in a fast, simple approval process remarkably free of hoop jumping.

Contact Al at 734.564.4640
Any Detroit area sellers that will take a land contract contact me man711@yahoo.com.
I do have a few depending what you are looking for. I can be reached at 313 544-0411
Flag Sun Feb 16, 2014
Easy.

See my blog on the subject: http://bit.ly/findaleaseoption
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
Kim:

Contact an area Realtor they will be able to send you listing that are offering land contracts.
Good Luck

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
586-709-8465
kpaytas@mirealsource.com
You will have a hard time because not many sellers will agree to a sale price for 1-2 years in the future, any really neither should you. Save or rent and buy when you can. Rent to own, or land contracts are not good for buyers at all.
Not good for buyers? You mean not good for real estate salespeople!
Flag Tue May 27, 2014
Land Contract are great for buyers!
Flag Thu Dec 5, 2013