Home Buying in Moorpark>Question Details

Jonbalaya, Home Buyer in Moorpark, CA

where can I find an exclusive buyers agent in Ventura county?

Asked by Jonbalaya, Moorpark, CA Thu Sep 22, 2011

Dear Jonbalaya,

I would wonder why having a buyers agent is important to you? I would interview Realtors and look for compatibility in personality and your confidence in their ability to represent you in the manner you prefer. Ask them how they would handle a situation where you selected a home if they are representing the seller, if it is your preference not to be represented by someone who has an ethical obligation to act as a neutral party. In my case, I would simply have an agreement with you where I would refer you to another Realtor, inside or outside my brokerage, who I trusted, to represent you, and we would have that agreement at the time we got started. I could come up, but it's unlikely.

It is not very common that a buyer who is looking at all properties available would select the property represented by the buyers agent. And even if you select a property represented by your agents brokerage, I can tell you that this, in my experience, does not usually cause any more likeliness that they get the inside track or influence the outcome, even though technically you are represented by the same brokerage, the agents act independently. The ability of the realtors themselves to work together could be even more so if they are representing you with another brokerage representing the sellers property but say the realtors both went to college together. Lets face it people are likely to have relationships all over the place, not just within their own brokerage.

What you really want is someone who other people recommend, or who you read consistent good reviews about and who you personally meet with and determine is right for you. This, in my opinion, is more important than finding just a Realtor who is only used to working one side of the fence. I think it's important to be well rounded at your profession and be able to remember both perspectives when guiding you on the path to success.

If you havent already successfully selected a Realtor to work with I'd be happy to meet you for a "getting to know you coffee or tea", no obligation, my treat, of course.
We have 2 agents on our team that know Moorpark really well and can help you traverse the various unique neighborhoods both in older Moorpark and the newer sections. If it's the entire Ventura County you want to explore, we can assist you with local experts that live and work in the nearby communities. Begin by checking out the homes in the various cities you are considering at http://www.venturacountymoves.com/ . Then, before buying a home you should interview several real estate agents and ask all the agents you interview these questions:

Do you spend 100% of your time representing Buyers?
Will you guarantee me that you will not be representing any seller at any time while you are working for me?
Do you, or the company you are with, ever list properties for sale?
Will you point out all the negative aspects of each property as well as all the positive aspects so I will be fully informed when making my decision?
Will you provide information on comparable sales and help me formulate an offering price and negotiating strategy?
Do you have a list of lenders, home inspectors, insurance agents and other professionals that you recommend?
Will you tell me everything you can find out about the seller and their reasons for selling?
Will you show me all the homes on the market that meet my needs, including For Sale By Owner properties, foreclosures, and other properties?
Will you guarantee that any information I give you will be kept confidential?
Will you guarantee me your undivided loyalty?
Will you guarantee me you will not try to change your relationship with me to "dual agency", "designated agent", transactional agent", or any other form of agency that offers reduced levels of service?
Can you guarantee me 100% loyalty 100% of the time?
I hope this helps!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 5, 2011
You can also ask your friends, family or co-workers and see if they can recommend an agent.
Contact, and interview in person a few local agents from different realty companies, then choose the one you like best. You can find area agents under the find a pro tab; choose your agent with care...