Home Buying in Albany>Question Details

Mshers16, Other/Just Looking in Guilderland, NY

where are the best places to invest in the capital region? tax wise, neighborhood wise, long term appreciation wise, etc

Asked by Mshers16, Guilderland, NY Thu Dec 31, 2009

Answers

4
Deborah Conti-Pinnacle Realty’s answer

Since I cannot direct you to particular areas, it just is something agents should not do. I will say that I have found that great investments are where the bigger business' are located as well as college towns, since college rentals are big investments. There are various college towns in the area. You may want to get a Realtor to assist you in looking at properties in various areas, or to run off listings for you in various areas, so you can "Get a feel" of what the areas offer. You can then see the prices of properties, what the taxes are in these areas are as well. And, with address', you can drive around and view the neighborhoods yourself. Good Luck!
I realize that this post is from a long time ago, However the entire area has done so well! I see that the post was originally from Guilderland which is such a wonderful area! However I feel there are deals all around the capital district... so, its not a area, its our whole region!
Are you looking for a flip, a rental, owner occupied 2 fam, or something for yourself? If your looking to rent out a home, a 2 fam, or a multi-unit probably somewhere around the New Scotland area where you have the law school, the med school, school of pharm, and such. Students that are serious about their studies and there is always a constant flow so you should never be left w/o a renter. If you are talking about a home for yourself, then it is a preference, but sellability (is that a word?) down the road would be easiest within the more desired school districts. Hope that helps somewhat. If you need any assistance feel free to contact me.
Jason Bustelos; LREB
jbustelos@nyrealtorgrp.com
New York Realtor Group
(518) 330-2230
http://www.nyrealtorgrp.com
http://messenger.providesupport.com/messenger/nyrealtorgroup.html
***LIVE Online Chat***
Web Reference: http://www.nyrealtorgrp.com
There are truly several ways to answer your question, depending upon what your goals are. I would want to know if you are looking for a place to live for yourself, if this is purely an investment, non owner occupied home, etc - I would really want to know those kinds of things. Taxes are highest in Schenectady ( the city ), but also run quite high in most of the towns around here, just a fact of life in NY. School distrcits have an impact on home values, and the higher rated ones in the area ( guilderland, bethlehem, niskayuna, north colonie and voorheesville) are all well known, and all those area have had fairly good levels of appreciation over the years. i know you are just looking around, asking some questions, if you want to chat a bit more about these things, please feel free to e mail me directly at Brian@TheCapitalTeam.com - I would be happy to speak with you about towns, investment areas, etc that may help you in your search.