Home Buying in Santa Monica>Question Details

Deanne Barri…, Renter in South Lake Tahoe, CA

where are some safe neighborhoods in Santa Monica. I pay 900 for a 2bed/2ba in a nice area in my city but I'm looking for a 3bed towards the beach!

Asked by Deanne Barrier, South Lake Tahoe, CA Tue Sep 4, 2012

My roommate and I live in a beautiful higher class area in a nice apartment but for a very cheap price. Are there any cheap, safe places in Santa Monica or Long Beach?

Answers

5
Dear Deanne,
The beach is great...but the beach is expensive! I normally inform out of town visitors that the closer you get to the water..the higher the price! I think WLA is the closest you will get but you will need another 1,000 per month or so to lease even there.
H Deanne,

There are safe and great places in Santa Monica to live but at $900 your not going to be able to find a studio in that price range. I just rented a studio in Santa Monica close to the water for $1250 per month. If your trying pay the same rent Long Beach is more bang for your bang for your $ buck.
Good luck in your home search.

Kindest Regards,
CJC

Carlos Juan Cuevas
Real Estate Consultant
Lic#(01234108)
Keller Williams Realty-Brentwood
CJC Realty Advisors Inc.,
11812 San Vicente Blvd, Suite.#100
Brentwood, CA 90049

Office: 310-826-8200
Direct: 310-801-9779
E-fax: 800-329-9984
Email: cj@cjcuevas.com
Website: http://www.cjcuevas.com
Santa Monica is generally a safe city. I've live here for 25+ years. It may be very difficult to find a 3 bed towards the beach for under $3,000. You may experience sticker shock, sorry!
It you are willing to live Santa Monica adjacent, you may be able to find a 3 bed a little cheaper, but the "Westside" is expensive in general. Good luck!

Elizabeth Sorgen
310-469-0500
I live in Palm Springs. it's a beautiful safe place and it's cheap but it's too hot and I have been here almost my whole life. I'm also going back to college and I really want to get out of this desert.
Where do you currently live? Santa Monica and Long Beach are very different from each other but you won't be finding any decent bedrooms in either for $900.

Try using http://www.padmapper.com for now to just give yourself an idea of rent pricing along the water.