Home Buying in Orlando>Question Details

stevemarquard, Both Buyer and Seller in Boca Raton, FL

where are some really nice Orlando area neighborhoods where I can get a 150,000 home?

Asked by stevemarquard, Boca Raton, FL Sat Mar 23, 2013

Answers

10
It depends on what you mean by really nice. I just did an MLS map search for house under $150k built 1980 or later. There are certainly places on that list I'd describe as good neighborhoods, but nothing I'd call really nice. I like Vincent's suggestion of Hunter's Creek, but there is nothing under $150,000 there any more except condos. In fact there are only 2 houses priced below $200,000 in Hunter's Creek.

Sorry, Steve, but the recession is long over and Orlando prices for the really nice areas have rebounded big time.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 23, 2013
Look in Hunter's Creek, you might catch a couple of deals there...

VP
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 23, 2013
HI Steve:

Eats Orlando would be a great option. Close to USCF and Avalon Park.

Below is the link to some homes within your budget:

http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com/listings/areas/…

Let me know what you think.

Abraham Bidhendi
Top Producer Realtor® with over 26 years of experience
Awarded as Exit's TOP Buyer side Transactions for the State of Florida
We have had 142 successful transactions during the past year alone.
Exit Realty Access, LLC
Direct: (407) 744-2533
Fax: (407) 444-9925
Email: REOsofflorida@msn.com
Website: http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com
Kissimmee Office: 391 N. Main St., Kissimmee, FL 34741
Altamonte Springs Office: 660 Palm Springs Dr., Suite D, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
I have several buyers looking in this price range so I think I've seen every home available to date. There are houses out there in Meadow Woods, Azalea Park, even parts of Conway and Southchase but be prepared for them to need some improvements or be on the smaller side.

The key to finding these deals is to have the ability to move fast - be qualified for a loan or have proof of funds in hand. You'll also need to be decisive and realistic when putting together an offer. Low balling an already low price will never work in your favor.

The biggest factor in your sucess will be working with a good realtor who knows the area, responds quickly to you and truly listens to your needs. I hear far too often from clients that previous realtors they worked with seemed to show them what the realtor thought they needed, not what the customer actually asked for.

I wish you tremendous luck on your home search. If you need help, please give me a call. I'd be happy to assist you in your home search.

Melissa M Gerace
Real Estate Consultant/ REALTOR
Premium Properties Real Estate Services
407-361-1694
Melissa.m.gerace@gmail.com
Hi Steve,

The days of a $150,000 home are almost over here in Orlando!
There will be some stragglers here and there but most will be older and need work or they aren't in those "really nice" Orlando neighborhoods.

If you could be a little more specific, I'll send you what I find.

Carol Bauza
Charles Rutenberg Realty
carol@carolshome.com
Meadow Woods, Avalon Park PLease use MLS search here http://www.milarealty.com
Mark hit the nail on the head.

Prices have gone up, but if you expand your search to townhomes. Then that opens up some doors for a great property.

It all depends on your search criteria and flexibility for property type. Keep in mind, the further from the center of town, the money bang for the buck. So a subdivision such as Providence in Davenport can get you a great property in a new subdivision. Where as the same money in winter park will get you a condo, if that. So, it all depends on your choice of location vs property type.

Hope this help with your search.

Danny Barto
Check out Trulia's "Local Info" tab for more information on the area neighborhoods.
Davenport and Champions Gate are great areas. Give me a call and I can set you up with a property search and help you find a great deal.

My True North Realty Team
Keller Williams
http://Www.mytruenorthrealty.com
857-540-9926
East Orlando. Close to UCF is easy to Rent and Resell...