Tamken, Home Buyer in Virginia Beach, VA

where are best communities to purchase a condo in va beach?

Asked by Tamken, Virginia Beach, VA Sun May 22, 2011

would like to purchase a one level condo for our retirement in VA Beach

Answers

6
OK your question is to open. What is the lifestyle you would like to live? Virginia Beach has from 55+ communities, to waterfront communities. Do you want to be in the mix of all the hustle and bussle or stay away from that, yet have a nice water view and beach access?
Just to let you know, Condo's can run from $80,000 and up, with monthly condo fee's from about $150 to $600 per month. Each of the condo association covers different things, like yard maint, pools, master insurance, playgrounds etc. Let me know what your looking for and I will email you some places. Thanks for your question.
Hello Tamken,
I would hesitate to recommend a community or area to live without knowing more about your needs and your lifestyle. There are several communities that offer one level living and models with first floor masters which may meet your needs. There are also communities with common elevators and some even have private elevators. I would love for us to work together to determine the best fit for you. Please contact me.
Respectfully,
Jean Kucy
757-613-4614
jkucy@roseandwomble.com
Hi Tamken,
There are many condo communities in Virginia Beach that would be great places to live when you retire. Virginia Beach is large and has so many different areas & activities that I would prefer to ask you questions regarding what you want to do when you retire before suggesting where to look.
For instance, do you golf, play tennis or love to bike? Do you love the beach, bay or prefer a high rise in Towne Center? Is there family or friends in the area that you want to be close to? And of course there is always the budget question. How much do you want to spend?
I agree with Katherine that the bay area is wonderful but it may not be what you are looking for. There are many varied communities that would fit your retirement needs. We just need to start by making a list of what is important to you. I would love to assist you in the search, just contact me and we can begin!

Barbara 757-635-6833
Rose & Womble Realty
123 S. Lynnhaven Road
bterranova@roseandwomble.com
Web Reference: http://BarbaraTerranova.com
Hi Tamken.... I completely agree with Kathryn Sharpe's first answer about what local's call "Chick's" beach- the Chesapeake Bay shoreline- great for all of the reasons she listed but also it's truly residential and not a beach that many tourists go to, and isn't full of souvenir shops and so forth. It is truly a gorgeous beach/area and one of my favorite things is that you get sunsets over the water even though we're on the East coast! There are condo Communities in this area as well as opposed to mainly single family homes or duplex condos that are the norm in the North End of the Oceanfront.

I just listed a gorgeous condo this week that is waterfront on Chick's beach directly next to the Lynnhaven Fishing Pier (and restaurant/cafe) It is MLS #1120459 - the address is 2428 Ocean Shore Crescent #201... it's an end unit so there are tons of windows and lots more natural light in the unit- check it out! 2387sqft 3br/2/.5ba...beautiful views from the large private balcony as well as from in living areas- even the kitchen! This is like so many others a gated community with a pool- in this case right on the beach! There is an elevator and one level living- Perfect for young professionals who want to spend their time "out and about" as opposed to doing house and yard maintenance and is also perfect for retirees who want that flexibility as well as to be able to travel as well! Some people have units as a second vacation home! There is an attached garage- 2 assigned spaces and you also get a decent size locker space in the garage for beach gear etc. Priced at $674,600.

Please do not hesitate to contact me by phone or email if you have any questions about this property and would like to schedule a showing or would like assistance finding something else if the price or size is not a good fit! I've been a buyer's agent since '05 and grew up here! Would also just be happy to answer any more general questions you may have!
Thanks! Happy Shopping- it's a great time to buy ;-)

Holly Werrell
Wainwright Real Estate
757-270-0568
hollywerrell@gmail.com
There's also a 55 and older community called West Neck which has all the amenities you would need including a clubhouse, pool, fitness center, tennis courts, etc.
I'm a little biased because I live here, but I would vote for the Shore Dr. / Chicks Beach Area. You're within walking distance to the beach, dining, nightlife, the grocery store, gym, and Seashore State Park which is great for running/biking through. If you have more questions about the area or need help finding something, feel free to email/call me. Happy home shopping!

Kathryn Sharpe
Rose Womble Realty
757-692-1964
ksharpe@roseandwomble.com