Eaglesky57, Home Buyer in 54729

when you know the exact date of closing on your home, is it possiable to go and paint?

Asked by Eaglesky57, 54729 Wed Oct 23, 2013

Answers

3
Though "possible," painting a home before the property is transferred into your name is unwise for both Buyer and Seller. As an Accredited Buyer's Rep, the first thing that comes to mind are all the "what ifs" that could happen to my buyer-client and/or the property during this time and the "what ifs" something happens to the transaction in the final hours and it doesn't close and my buyer just painted the Seller's house for free. Working for the seller, I would advise against a buyer painting or cleaning or moving furniture in or mowing the lawn...ect...prior to closing due to liability to Seller if the buyer is injured while on the property . . . and the "what ifs" of accidental damage to the property that could occur.

It's a dangerous situation for Buyer and Seller. Though you are understandably excited and anxious to move into your new home, it's wise to wait until ownership of the property is officially transferred to you before you begin painting.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 23, 2013
Probably not. It isnt over til the fat lady sings, and there are a number of things that can happen to cause a deal to go sideways. not to mention there would be some liability with letting you come into the home and make changes when you don't own it.

Unless you're buying from a close friend or family member then I would scrap that idea
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 23, 2013
Anything can happen between the time your offer is accepted and closing. Until that time the property belongs to the seller. If your deal falls through, you've wasted time and money in paint for a home that you may not own. My advice is to do nothing until after closing.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 23, 2013