Home Buying in Saco>Question Details

Michelle Haa…, Home Buyer in Saco, ME

when you buy a piece of property do you also have to pay the broker for the home you are building?

Asked by Michelle Haase, Saco, ME Thu Mar 15, 2012

When you buy property from your broker (who you no longer have a contract with) but she has property for sale that she is representing, do you also need to pay her to negotiate the building of the home? And what if you feel there is no break although the property has been sitting for over 100 something days there is no discount. It seems she will not offer anything but the listed price, which is why the year contract has lapsed.

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Saco

Help the community by answering this question:


It depends on whether it is being sold as a build package, or just a lot....some land listings allow you to bring your own builder...my advice to you is to hire a broker to represent you and your interests...it would behoove you to do this as the seller will pay for it with no cost to you and you'll have someone in your corner...I'm a building contractor and a broker as well...call me if you want more help with this.

John Zappia
Johnson Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 16, 2012
It depends. There is not enough information here to answer the question. Some land sales have a "builder tie in" and some do not. The building package may be listed or not. You need some one who represents you to help you sort this out. That would be either a buyer agent or an attorney.
Sorry that I cannot provide more insight but to answer correctly, some one needs to review all of the facts.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 16, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Maine > York County > Saco > Home Buying in Saco > Question
Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer