Home Buying in West Chester>Question Details

Gina, Home Buyer in Drexel Hill, PA

when you buy a condo do you still need homwowners insurance? is it less expensive compared to a single home?

Asked by Gina, Drexel Hill, PA Fri Feb 1, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


Yes, you do need homeowners insurance to cover your possesions and the parts of your condo that are your responsibility and this may vary from condo to condo. Typically condo insurance is lower than a single family home as the condo association is carrying insurance as well. Hope this helps, we have a great insurance manager at Long & foster Devon if you need help arranging coverage.
Web Reference: http://www.VandekarTeam.com
2 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 1, 2013
You will need insurance which is usually BUT NOT ALWAYS much cheaper. It depends on how much is covered by the condo's master policy. Some condo's master insurance does not cover the restoration of the interior of the building in case of a fire. Your realtor can coordinate your insurance needs with the condo association.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 13, 2013
The answer below is accurate. Depends on the condominium. However, should be less than regular homeowner insurance on a single home Gina. People below I deal with all the time and are decent rates and great service.

Susan J. Gerrity Agency, Inc.

Allstate Insurance

(610) 687-2103 phone

1-877-457-2321 toll-free

130 W Lancaster Ave Suite 101

Wayne PA 19087

Rob Hughes: Long & Foster Real Estate Inc.
(Associate Broker) (AB065650)
(Hughes Associates) (Realtor since 1987)

Office: 610-225-7400 x7438

Cell# 484-410-9765 (Preferred)


0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 1, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer